Three REAL hen breeds!
Updated: 8th Sep 2021 at 6:30 PM
There are three files, each a different breed of chicken.
~ Rhode Island Red ~ Julia
~ Black Australorp - Sarah
~ Delaware Hen ~ Dolley
Chickens don't appear to be CAS-editable. There's only so close you can zoom in on their faces, so I have provided the closest, clearest picture of all three possible.
I trimmed back the combs a bit, though they aren't perfect per the breeds, toned down the rooster-y hackles, and corrected some of the feathering around the heads. I also added the correct color earlobes with fuzzy feathers. Usually the color of the earlobes shows the color of the eggs, but not always.
I corrected the colors of the legs and beaks, as well as the eyes and plumage. It appears that whoever designed them at Maxis has never seen a chicken that didn't come out of a bucket with a side of gravy. They look like their wings are clipped!
I name my girls after the First Ladies and my roosters after the Presidents.
I cloned Sarah from the "Evil Hen" because she has the glossy black greenish-tinged plumage of a Black Australorp. So she gets the "flaming evil eyes". Although, Sarah was actually the sweetest, most affectionate hen I ever had. Not a pecky bone in her body. A fox got her, unfortunately.
There are three .package files. The file names are self explanatory.
LOWFLYER ~ Red Island Red hen.package
LOWFLYER ~ Delaware Hen.package
LOWFLYER ~ Black Australorp hen.package
You will need to use the standard cheats:
They should not conflict with other chicken recolors.
They are found in Build/Buy with the debug objects, and cost $25 each.
Try Srsly's Custom Livestock Purchase Menu at https://www.patreon.com/posts/54506613 so you can purchase them from the Coop.
Description: Sarah ~ the Black Australorp hen
Mesh name: Sarah ~ a Black Australorp hen
Description: Dolley the Delaware Hen
Mesh name: Dolley - a Delaware Hen
Description: Julia the Rhode Island Red hen
Mesh name: Julia - a Rhode Island Red hen
The following custom content is included in the downloadable files:
Size: 11.14 MB · Downloads: 1,925 · 5th Sep 2021
|11.14 MB||1,925||5th Sep 2021|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the File tab to see the download link. Click the link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract: Use WinRAR (Windows) to extract the file(s) from the .rar or .zip file(s).
3. Cut and paste the file(s) into your Mods folder
Need more information?
- Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\
- Windows Vista/7/8/8.1: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\
- Anyone can use both .rar and .zip files easily! On Windows, use WinRAR.
- If you don't have a Mods folder, just make one.