Medieval toilet and wash-basin
Updated: 7th Mar 2014 at 1:30 PM by leefish
could you help me test this?
It's made as a sort of unofficial request. It seems several people (including me) have a lot of medieval simmies. And modern toilets just don't look right
So here they are.
Made with Blender and 0.38
My thanks to besen, for another wonderful german translation :howdy:
Poly count: 656
Hygiene: 6, Room score: 2
Poly count: 302
Both are low in poly's (lower than maxis originals, at least).
They come with catalogue entries for Dutch, French and German. Everyone else gets English.
They are recolorable and, in fact, come with recolors
The wash-basin: (default) wood and pewter, wood and 'Delfts Blue' porcelain, and a 'spooky' version.
The toilet: (default) wood and maxis castle stone, wood with cross inlay, wood with celtic rosette inlay and spooky version.
All the colors have their very own disgusting dirty version.
You are free to recolor, hack, fiddle with these meshes, and post your work, as long as you place a link to the original mesh here, and tell me all about it.
Please ask me before posting the mesh anywhere.
Please do not put these objects in a downloadable lot.
Note that this is a beta. Download at your own risk.
Consistency. I don't have the guts or the expertise to actually hack these objects. So those silly simmies will insist on flushing, turning taps, etc. I'm also pretty sure that the 'bowl' can break down and spew water all over the bathroom. Just use your imagination and pretend it's a magic curse
I tested these extensively in my (EP)game. But please let me know if it also works fine for people without ep.
Pic (my graphics card was playing up when I made these shots. It's designed to look better than that )
Ok, enjoy and feel free to comment.
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
|Filename||lethes-mesh-mediwashbasin.package (inside washbasin+recolors.rar)|
|Description||A touch of class from the old days. This multifunctional washing unit does not require running water. A well is all you need! Just remember to fish out the newts first.|
|Filename||lethes-mesh-meditoilet.package (inside meditoilet+recolors.rar)|
|Description||A nice, almost comfortable hole in the ground. This top-of-the-range plank comes with an almanac for light reading. When needed, it can double as toilet paper.|
Size: 1.22 MB · Downloads: 42,217 · 17th Jun 2005
|1.22 MB||42,217||17th Jun 2005|
Size: 1.77 MB · Downloads: 42,943 · 17th Jun 2005
|1.77 MB||42,943||17th Jun 2005|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
since I'm officially sorta retired as a modder, feel free to derive from my work to make new stuff!
You may use textures and meshes (a link or credit is appreciated) for movies, redo's, new creations, whatever.
You can also upload my meshes on other sites with your new creation, if you want. Again, a link to MTS is always appreciated, and a general cool thing to do.