Elven Dining Set
Uploaded 11th Nov 2005 at 3:15 PM · Updated 23rd May 2006 at 5:29 PM by Lethe_s
here's a little set for those pretty elves out there.
The entire set is greatly inspired by the Lord of the Rings movie, but also by some Art Nouveau pics I had lying around.
It started as an extention to Elrond's Throne, that I made for Midsimmer Night's Dream, but there's also some shapes from the Lothlorien Windows (same project). So all of that should match neatly
Warning: The set is pretty heavy on the polygons. I tried to counter that by using the repository technique and some smaller texture images, but that makes things complicated. You will need both the Dining Table and Elrond's Throne installed for the set to work properly.
All made with Blender, PSP8, UVMapper and 0.48
Should work in all versions of the game.
I'm really lazy today, so only English catalog entries.
The rar.file contains the following three meshes and one recolor that, again, matches the throne.
Feel free hack, fiddle, make more recolours and upload them. Just give a link to the mesh here.
If you must upload the meshes in a house, please give some credit and avoid the Exchange.
On the the objects.
Elven Dining Table
- price: 342
- poly's: 1890
- This is the repository for the wood part of the set.
Elven Dining Chair
- price: 256
- poly's: 1188
- Borrows wood texture from the Dining table and fabric texture from Elrond's throne.
- price: 132
- poly's: 851
- Borrows textures from the Dining table.
let me know what you think, and if you have any trouble.
I'll be making some more matching sets, so if you're into this sort of stuff, check back later
Oh, and before you ask: everything in the screenies can be found in Midsimmer Night's Dream. I've given the link three times already. So if you don't have that stuff yet, go get it!
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Expansion pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
|Filename||lethes-mesh-lothdiningchair.package (inside elven diningset.rar)|
|Title||Elven Dining chair|
|Description||While a throne is a powerfull dining statement, this dining chair is a lot cheaper and more practical. mesh by Lethe_s|
|Filename||lethes-mesh-elfceilinglamp.package (inside elven diningset.rar)|
|Title||Lothlorien ceiling lamp|
|Description||This arched ceiling lamp fills your rooms with a soft glow and a sense of serenity. mesh by Lethe_s|
Size: 269.1 KB · Downloads: 29,816 · 11th Nov 2005
|269.1 KB||29,816||11th Nov 2005|
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
since I'm officially sorta retired as a modder, feel free to derive from my work to make new stuff!
You may use textures and meshes (a link or credit is appreciated) for movies, redo's, new creations, whatever.
You can also upload my meshes on other sites with your new creation, if you want. Again, a link to MTS is always appreciated, and a general cool thing to do.