Testers wanted: Medieval fire alarm
Updated: 26th Dec 2008 at 5:25 PM by -Maylin-
could you help me test this?
It's a medieval 'magical' fire alarm.
This was inspired by some protection runes I had in Sims 1, and that I was starting to miss and made as a sort of request.
Unrar and put in your downloads folder
Find it in Electronics/Small appliances (? the telephone icon)
Made with Blender and 0.38
Should work in both versions of the game.
Comes with catalog entries for Dutch, French and German. Everyone else gets English.
You are free to recolour, hack, fiddle with this mesh and post your work on a site, provided you post a link to the original mesh in this thread and tell me all about it.
If, for some reason, you want to host the mesh, ask me first.
Please do not put this object in a downloadable lot.
Please remember that this is a beta. Download at your own risk!
Right, the mesh is ridiculously simple. But it looks ok after some creative recoloring. So included in the package are:
The default grey Algir Rune (shielding rune) and black Algir Rune
A pretty picture of St. Florian (patron saint of firemen )
A normal and a dark version of some Celtic pattern. I don't know if it means anything, but it looks nice and medievalish.
here's a pic
Allrighty, enjoy and feel free to comment.
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
|Filename||lethes-mesh-firerune.package (inside lethes-firerune.rar)|
|Title||Fire protection rune|
|Description||In times when a single fire can burn down the entire city, you'd better be prepared. mesh by Lethe_s@modthesims2|
Size: 104.0 KB · Downloads: 21,549 · 14th Jun 2005
|104.0 KB||21,549||14th Jun 2005|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
since I'm officially sorta retired as a modder, feel free to derive from my work to make new stuff!
You may use textures and meshes (a link or credit is appreciated) for movies, redo's, new creations, whatever.
You can also upload my meshes on other sites with your new creation, if you want. Again, a link to MTS is always appreciated, and a general cool thing to do.