IKEA Mirrors Countered
Updated: 30th Jan 2015 at 9:32 PM
Michelle kindly informed me that the glass on the MONGSTAD mirror was horribly off. I've remeshed both of the mirrors, since I wasn't entirely happy with the HEMNES either. Please download the new files and let them overwrite the old.
Apparently bathrooms and IKEA mirrors are my thing lately. I was staring at one of my lots and realized that apart from proper two-tile mirrors, the game also lacks a variation of counterheight mirrors (that don't clip the sink or counter). So I went back to my good old IKEA friends. I resized the mesh, made sure the shadows and reflections matched up and texture-linked these to the original IKEA mirrors. These do not replace the original Maxis mirrors, they have a custom GUID, because the more the better!
Decorative > Mirrors
Decorative > Mirrors
Both tested in a BG+IKEA AGS environment.
IgnorantBliss for the awesome tutorial on repo-linking stuff.
Leefish for teaching me about wallshadows and making me realize how much I'd miss Milkshape...
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
|Filename||Klaartje_HemnesCountered.package (inside Klaartje_IKEAMirrorsCountered.zip)|
|Title||HEMNES Mirror Countered|
|Description||HEMNES Mirror made counterheight - by Klaartje@MTS|
|Filename||Klaartje_MongstadCountered.package (inside Klaartje_IKEAMirrorsCountered.zip)|
|Title||MONGSTAD Mirror Countered|
|Description||MONGSTAD Mirror made counterheight - by Klaartje@MTS|
Size: 17.2 KB · Downloads: 4,583 · 30th Jan 2015
|17.2 KB||4,583||30th Jan 2015|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
You may include my recolors with your uploads to free sites.
Please do not convert any of my stuff.
Please give credit where credit is due.