Uploaded 19th Sep 2020 at 9:23 PM · Updated 21st Feb 2021 at 5:32 PM by Qahne
The Sims 4 has a lot of diverse build styles, some of which we've never really had in the other games, and of particular interest to me are many of the essential southwestern build items. I've decided to adapt some of the key items over.
Adapt is the key word here - The Sims 4 has such a different art style that a straight up conversion wouldn't look too good. With this object in particular, I took the mesh and textures from the "Mega Chimney Deluxe" from the TS4 base game and modified them extensively - the chimney was very asymmetrical and weirdly proportioned, with an oversized tiled roof and a very wide base. It now blends in much better with existing TS3 objects, and is fully recolourable with 3 channels - the chimney breast, the embedded cap, and the tiled roof.
Although it's just a decorative item, the chimney is just the right diameter to fit the stovepipe chimney cap in it using an OMSP, allowing you to see smoke rise out of the adobe chimney when your fireplace is lit. For a good matching fireplace, I fixed the Haute Hacienda fireplace from the Store to have a stovepipe chimney.
It can be found under Roof Decorations for ?200.
LOD0: 680 vertices
EA for the original mesh and textures
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
Description: Modified from the mega chimney(deluxe)from ts4. By qahne@mts
* The following information shares where to find it in buy-mode, any buffs/moodlets they get from it and what it can be used for!
Size: 764.2 KB · Downloads: 867 · 21st Feb 2021
|764.2 KB||867||21st Feb 2021|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file. Now you will have either a .package or a .sims3pack file.
For Package files:
1. Cut and paste the file into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages folder. If you do not already have this folder, you should read the full guide to Package files first: Sims 3:Installing Package Fileswiki, so you can make sure your game is fully patched and you have the correct Resource.cfg file.
2. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
For Sims3Pack files:
1. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
2. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Find the item in the list and tick the box beside it. Then press the Install button below the list.
3. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the content to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
4. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.
Need more help?
If you need more info, see:
The creator also recommends the following uploads:
Do not re-upload my CAS items with your Sims; link to my upload instead.
Do not upload modified versions of my meshes, Sims or lots without permission - ask and ye shall receive.
Do not eat my creations: I accept no responsibility for any gastric conditions caused.