Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#34051 Old 12th Jul 2024 at 3:00 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 12th Jul 2024 at 3:21 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
It didn't for me!! Compare the shorts on the two boys in my post #34036 above. The one made by a fresh export from Body Shop is much better. (Though it does seem I could do better in SimPE if I used DXT3/DXT5 instead of importing the Alpha channel.)

Using Import (or importing a new alpha channel) is similar to and sometimes worse than the result you get with DXT1, so definitely try with the DXT3 or 5 import.

A fresh Bodyshop import can work fine, but it too can cause some artefacts on the texture, especially if reimporting textures from other CAS items. It depends on the quality of that texture, but also what you do with it. Bodyshop is also known for causing texture artefacts, especially around large areas of color.

If/whenever you make textures yourself, keep the workfiles (PSD/GIMP workfile, or similar layered format) and use those when making new versions or recolors, since that's the best base texture you'll get for that project.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#34052 Old 12th Jul 2024 at 10:19 AM
Andrew, if you open the file in SimPE and find the texture file you want to replace (so you see the texture in the plugin view) - right-click on the preview picture of the texture itself. If you have the DDS utilities installed, this brings up a menu from which you select "Build DXT". That then shows a window where you can choose from a drop-down menu which includes DXT1/3/5 and a load of other options.

I don't think it's important really to understand what DXT is or what it means - unless interested - the above is what I have done previously to change textures within SimPE rather than BodyShop. For example, to update a skin tone to make it anatomically correct, without losing other aspects such as the genetic values.

If when you right-click on the texture image, you don't see the "Build DXT" option, I think that means you need to download and install the DDS Utilities.

Check out my thoughts on Psymchology (Sim Psychology) - latest post is on the main six aspirations.
Mad Poster
#34053 Old 12th Jul 2024 at 7:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
It was quite a new separate, originally made on 1st June, but I'd already made one adult wearing it. And, since I'd "townified" the adult and teen versions with shoes, there was a faint chance some else might pick up the outfit.

But Andrew wants to show off his bare midriff. He thinks it's one of his best features!

What does happen to townies wearing an outfit that gets removed? I think they just revert to Maxis clothes rather than getting bugged or anything?

Tell Andrew to wear a top intended as a crop top then lol. That one is meant to look tucked in, so it just cuts off weirdly if the shorts are too low.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#34054 Old 13th Jul 2024 at 2:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Tell Andrew to wear a top intended as a crop top then lol. That one is meant to look tucked in, so it just cuts off weirdly if the shorts are too low.

I dunno, I think he can carry it off, it would look stupid on me but on him, it looks like it's meant to be that way somehow.
Lab Assistant
#34055 Old 13th Jul 2024 at 4:59 PM
If I use Argon's Alien arch fix (that unhides the Alien face template in CAS/bodyshop), will that face template start showing up on townies? I really don't want random aliens suddenly spawning in game, but I do want the template unhidden. I know the elf face template does not randomly show up on townies, so is the Alien one the same?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#34056 Old 13th Jul 2024 at 5:34 PM Last edited by simsample : 13th Jul 2024 at 5:51 PM.
Yes, the elf one does show up on townies. I haven't used the alien one for a long time, I seem to recall that this was why I removed it (the alien face is very noticable on NPCs and townies).
Ignore that, it seems that the Terrakosmos mods here are needed to make them show up, so you should be okay.
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s....html#msg247798
Mad Poster
#34057 Old 13th Jul 2024 at 7:10 PM
I added a coffee bar to the Jacquets' bakery. However, all the customers ignore it and instead looks at the items marked for sale. Is this expected behaviour?

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Forum Resident
#34058 Old 13th Jul 2024 at 7:55 PM
I have the memory of some speakers that were connected to the DJ table on community lots. Is it true or did I dream it? XDD
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#34059 Old 13th Jul 2024 at 10:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
I added a coffee bar to the Jacquets' bakery. However, all the customers ignore it and instead looks at the items marked for sale. Is this expected behaviour?

With the coffee mod?
If you don't have the coffee mod than yes that is expected behavior. It's why the coffee mod was made, its on here somewhere if you don't have it, made a year or so ago.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Instructor
#34060 Old 15th Jul 2024 at 5:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Yvelotic2001
The wiki says you can add/subtract amounts with familyfunds, I think I have done so in the past but I can try again when I have my computer back to see. Regardless, this doesn't address the fact that attempting to set it to a specific amount instead of adding or subtracting still doesn't work specifically with that household. It works everywhere else.

I tested it myself and, like I thought, familyfunds works just fine with adding/subtracting funds:

Wendland family on 4079 simoleons -> familyfunds Wendland +1000 -> Wendland family on 5079 simoleons -> familyfunds Wendland -1000 -> Wendland family on 4079 simoleons again

Nice Rachel we're having.
My Simblr! Now actually working!
Forum Resident
#34061 Old 15th Jul 2024 at 7:58 PM

I seem to remember there being some glitch where on business lots, your playable sims can't sell coffee but you can have employees sell coffee and it works.
Mad Poster
#34062 Old 15th Jul 2024 at 11:14 PM
Does an off-world loiterer spawn when the phone begins to ring, or only when your Sim picks up and begins to talk?

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Alchemist
#34063 Old 16th Jul 2024 at 1:38 AM
Does an off-world loiterer spawn when the phone begins to ring, or only when your Sim picks up and begins to talk?

No idea, sorry!

My new downloads are on my Pillowfort
Mad Poster
#34064 Old 16th Jul 2024 at 1:46 AM
... then... why answer?

Theorist
#34065 Old 16th Jul 2024 at 6:51 AM
I'd say they definitely spawn after the Sim picks up. I notice sometimes a small hang between picking the phone up and the Sim beginning to talk on the phone (with a thought bubble showing who's on the other side), and I think they're generated during that hang.
Mad Poster
#34066 Old 16th Jul 2024 at 5:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
What does happen to townies wearing an outfit that gets removed? I think they just revert to Maxis clothes rather than getting bugged or anything?

Yes, I delete custom clothes all the time and it just reverts to whatever it was cloned from.

Check out my thoughts on Psymchology (Sim Psychology) - latest post is on the main six aspirations.
Mad Poster
#34067 Old 17th Jul 2024 at 3:50 AM
Default 38 Greaves Avenue, Downtown
I was going to start a Help thread, but, as I seem to have done most of the work myself, I don't think it's necessary. As I posted earlier in another thread, I have a problem with 38 Greaves Avenue in downtown Veronaville; every time I tried to open the lot, even after I moved the resident Sims out, the game crashed. When it became clear to me that I could not edit the lot, I bulldozed it, and replaced it with the Nightlife bin lot "Small Home", which I started to edit to make it look as much as possible like the lot I had deleted. It was only when I was doing this that I realised that, although 36 and 38 Greaves Avenue look very similar to the "Small Home", the house is in fact two tiles narrower! I suppose I could make the new house two tiles narrower, the extra space will make the lot decidedly easier to play, especially as the resident Sims Micah Vincent (Popularity) and Noah Hatherley (Romance) really like inviting guests over.

Since the house is now wider, it will never look exactly like their old house, but I have been using in-game pictures to try to make it as familiar looking as possible for Micah and Noah when they move back in. As I had only played them for three days, I don't have all that many pictures to go by. I know I had made significant changes to 38 Greaves Avenue, to try to fit two bedrooms into it. By the time it started to crash, they both had become double bedrooms. But, apart from removing the driveway, I had made few changes outside the house. I only have a couple of pictures of the outside of the house, and one of them was taken at night. So it would help me, if anyone has 38 Greaves Avenue in its original, or near-original state, if you could share pictures of it, including a top-down one showing the original floor-plan. I have no pictures showing the back garden or inside the bathroom.

Thanks in anticipation!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#34068 Old 17th Jul 2024 at 4:24 AM
Alchemist
#34069 Old 17th Jul 2024 at 4:30 AM
... then... why answer?

Sometimes it's just nice to know someone has read your post, even if they can't solve the problem.

My new downloads are on my Pillowfort
Instructor
#34070 Old 17th Jul 2024 at 1:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aelflaed
Sometimes it's just nice to know someone has read your post, even if they can't solve the problem.

Still, there are the reaction buttons. But I do agree.

Cats are the cutest creatures. And the most stubborn.

My Simblr
Mad Poster
#34071 Old 17th Jul 2024 at 4:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aelflaed

It's kind of frustrating, because you get tagged that someone replied and get excited and then ... lol.
Top Secret Researcher
#34072 Old 20th Jul 2024 at 7:56 PM
What's the mod that always deletes your cache files before starting the game?
Mad Poster
#34073 Old 20th Jul 2024 at 8:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Pideli

AFAIK, there is no 'mod' that deletes the caches before you start your game-however there are 2 empty caches that you can place in your game folders that when you delete the game caches, they will replace them with empty cache holders-you set them to 'read only' and they won't grow appreciably when you run your game.

You just delete the ones in the game and unzip these every time you wish to clear the caches. I keep them in the main folder.

I can't remember where I got them from but I've put them up in my files.

I can't seemingly upload them here.

They're named "Accessory. cache" and "Groups.cache".

https://www.mediafire.com/file/n65h...essory.zip/file
https://www.mediafire.com/file/lzua.../Groups.7z/file

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://www.mediafire.com/?r=wbmnd#myfiles
Theorist
#34074 Old 21st Jul 2024 at 12:58 AM
Not sure you'd need that...
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#34075 Old 21st Jul 2024 at 2:43 AM

My fingers.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Page 1363 of 1367