Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#101 Old 30th Aug 2013 at 3:09 AM
Hey fellow builder-friends and WCIF geniuses. I know this is OT for this thread, but I thought I'd ask here first

I just searched our wiki... all the stealth stair tutes by SimMasterRalph have evaporated (they were on the ea site???) Anyway, does anyone have a copy of them, or know where I can find them to DL them? I need to relearn how to make 2-click stairs. Thanks

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#102 Old 30th Aug 2013 at 3:26 AM
All I could find was this, with no pictures. http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=167685 I often find tutorials here have no pictures. I've never even heard of stealth stairs before! What are they?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#103 Old 30th Aug 2013 at 4:34 AM
Yes, Jo, that's the only one I could find too. If you DL it and open it on your desktop, you can see the pictures. It's really cool, but not quite exactly what I'm after...

I remember reading Ralph's tutes years ago - and successfully following them - but I don't seem to have kept a copy of them. Maybe they're on that hard-drive that crashed....*sigh*

and Vintage Stuffeths
Field Researcher
#104 Old 30th Aug 2013 at 5:17 AM
There are still some spots open, aren´t there? I´d really like to join. I love building and have been lurking around for the last contests for inspiration and to just marvel at the prettiness.

I made a new empty neighborhood, called it Little Loaf and plopped down the house. The neighborhood has no sims yet and I´d like to keep it this way for now, but this means I can only take pictures in buy and build mode. And I never really took pictures to upload. I hope they are okay. I have white trim roof defaults and defaults that change the top of the walls to white.

I started out quite different with dark windows and flat roofs and I loved the outside, but it´s really hard to use dark wood inside without cc. Nothing matches. There are so many different dark wood tones, that I ended up with white again, so it would fit with all the ikea stuff.
Alchemist
#105 Old 30th Aug 2013 at 6:09 AM Last edited by ekrubynaffit : 30th Aug 2013 at 6:19 AM.
Would this one help Catherine? http://www.blackpearlsims.com/showt...ck)-Split-Level its one step down, but you can make it two clicks instead of one

Found this one at TSR as well http://www.thesimsresource.com/tuto...tairs)-tutorial

Rome wasn't built in a day

Need help finding building items, check out my building blog https://bestbuilditems4sims2.wordpress.com/
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#106 Old 30th Aug 2013 at 8:37 AM
Hey welcome to the realm of contests, Abel. Always good to meet new simmers. And... I love your house

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Mad Poster
#107 Old 30th Aug 2013 at 4:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ekrubynaffit
Would this one help Catherine? http://www.blackpearlsims.com/showt...ck)-Split-Level its one step down, but you can make it two clicks instead of one

Found this one at TSR as well http://www.thesimsresource.com/tuto...tairs)-tutorial

Thank you, Tiffany! The BPS one (and the link provided in the comments below it) helps a lot I'm trying to build "My Hacienda" - the house I hope we can buy in RL. It is an old Spanish style house built in 1926. It is quirky as all get out - and has these little raised/lowered areas all over the place! I'd still like a copy of SimMasterRalph's treatise on stealth stairs if anyone has a copy of it.

and Vintage Stuffeths
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#108 Old 30th Aug 2013 at 5:16 PM
@abel1980 - that looks really good and your pictures are great. Welcome to the contest.

I know what you mean on the white - it's gonna be the OpenMe's all the way through for me :D

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Lab Assistant
#109 Old 30th Aug 2013 at 6:11 PM Last edited by Cyshix : 31st Aug 2013 at 9:54 AM.
Happy Independance Day Dearest,Malaysia!

Okay,So I decided to join this contest,as I'm more confidence in decorating residential lot..So here I am!
Defaults shown as far as I remembered White Roof Trim by Phaneoh.
And the Exercise Machine recolor is default by HugeLunatic...If I'm not wrong.

Please take care of me well! :D

Let's Not Procrastinate,Choi Sooyoung!
Mad Poster
#110 Old 30th Aug 2013 at 6:28 PM
Nice houses Abel and Cyshix! Glad to have you both join us
How many are we now?

On a sad note... hubby just left for the vets with our "Old Lady" kitty, Sweeney. (Morhag McSweeney is her full name) She will not be coming back.Her little 16 yr old body is failing quickly now; her twin broke her arm and died on the operating table (bone cancer) last March. Sweeney has been on a steady downhill since then. Today is the day
...I think I'll go build something. I can't focus on anything - maybe that will help.

and Vintage Stuffeths
Lab Assistant
#111 Old 30th Aug 2013 at 6:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CatherineTCJD
...I think I'll go build something. I can't focus on anything - maybe that will help.

Thanks,And Playing is Sims is one of my ways to relieve stress and help me cheer up!

Let's Not Procrastinate,Choi Sooyoung!
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#112 Old 30th Aug 2013 at 7:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CatherineTCJD
How many are we now?

I second that And I think we're up to 12 now,

Quote:
On a sad note... hubby just left for the vets with our "Old Lady" kitty, Sweeney. (Morhag McSweeney is her full name) She will not be coming back.Her little 16 yr old body is failing quickly now; her twin broke her arm and died on the operating table (bone cancer) last March. Sweeney has been on a steady downhill since then. Today is the day
I'm sorry Catherine, I know what that's like, be thinking of you.

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#113 Old 30th Aug 2013 at 7:57 PM
@Cyshix - hallo - welcome to loaf contest :D

@catherine - my heart goes out to you. I admire you for your strength taking this decision for the pet that depends on you. It does not make it easier for you, but it is best for that cat. You will remember all the happy times you had together.

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Field Researcher
#114 Old 30th Aug 2013 at 8:45 PM
Thanks for all the welcoming words. I am really excited to join and improve my building and decorating. And I love the idea behind the contest, because it means I´ll get a nice little starter hood at the end.

Love your house Cyshix. The garden is especially cute. How do you hide the blue control console when taking pictures? I couldn´t figure that out.

And it is really horrible to lose a pet, so I am very sorry you have to go through that Catherine. I hope building something works as a distraction.
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#115 Old 30th Aug 2013 at 9:18 PM
@abel1980 - I usethis mod for taking pictures, and to get rid of the interface I use tab+r

Pretty Space Pony
retired moderator
#116 Old 30th Aug 2013 at 9:46 PM
Default Round One
Thanks everyone, for being so nice and welcoming. Sorry I have been a little MIA, but here's my entry (finally!)

One of the perks of being new to TS2 is that I don't have a huge downloads folder that my fingers are itching to use. I've challenged myself to learn two new tricks each round, although this round was mostly about ingoring my TS3-reflexes (*oooh that's a nice chair, let's CASt... oh wait....*). TBH, it was better than I thought, what I struggled most with was landscaping, that is so much easier in sims3.
Sorry to hear about your cat, Catherine... Can't imagine how painful it must be to be faced with a decision like that. My thoughts are with you and your family
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#117 Old 30th Aug 2013 at 10:29 PM
Cyshix, nice roomy house. Not to be a downer, but the stairs. did you use a stair window? It isn't allowed if you did. If not how did you get wall paper on your stairs as I'd love to know the trick.

Catherine, I'm so sorry to hear that. We lost our 15 year old Kitty a month ago now to kidney failure, we had to have the vet put her down.

Klaartje68 I like the position of your kitchen As soon as I saw your picture I thought, I wonder if she came over from playing the sims 3. Welcome to the dark side *offers cookie* You know how I know? The way you set your spoiler tags is how they do it for the sims 3 contests. You don't have to do that over here-although you can if you want.
A few tips-always keep the walls up. In small rooms use TAB and the W, E, S, X and Z keys. There may be more but I tend to just do it rather then remember what key does what. Use a red pause mod to take away the red lines and if you go into buy or build mode it takes away the sims queue. You don't need to have sims in a house to take photos though.
Gardening without M&G is hard, that's the last SP/EP and it comes with a lot of plants.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Pretty Space Pony
retired moderator
#118 Old 30th Aug 2013 at 10:39 PM
Thanks jo! Guess I will take your tips to be the new trick I learn for next round! Ha, didnt know it would be that obvious, the difference between the two types of people. Will have to hunt down M&G then, and see if I can find it somewhere cheaply. Otherwise the no-cc rounds will be a PITA...
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#119 Old 30th Aug 2013 at 10:50 PM
Just a heads up, I don't think M&G without AL (Apartment Life) works to well. Not sure why, but they kind of go together. I'd suggest if you like sims 2 that you get all EP's and most sp's while you can. EA has stopped selling them.

~Call me Jo~
Inventor
#120 Old 31st Aug 2013 at 3:07 AM
@Klaartje68: If you find M&G (and not part of a stuff pack) that doesn't cost and arm and a leg, will you please share where you found it? My Mom's looking for a copy, especially since I stole my AL disk back to re-install, and can't seem to find one that's not way overpriced.

@catherine: I'm sorry to hear about you kitty. It sucks having to make that decision. When I was 15, I had to do the same thing for my Sugar. He was MY cat and he knew it. He'd let me do what ever I wanted, and listened when I told him to do something. But he had some form of feline disease he was born with that showed up when he was 2. The vet told us we could put him down or watch him waste away at home. My Mom made me make the decision and it was, and still is, one of the hardest things I've ever had to do. ~VP

I'll stop being anti-social when the rest of the world quits being idiots!

My Own Website! www.violetpadfootscreations.weebly.com
Field Researcher
#121 Old 31st Aug 2013 at 4:27 AM
Sadly my Apartment life does not work WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Check out my Tumblr its called Sims2pictures

Call me Colin
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#122 Old 31st Aug 2013 at 4:48 AM
You should post about your issues over on game Help or tech support gagafanu. Maybe someone can help.

~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#123 Old 31st Aug 2013 at 4:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
You should post about your issues over on game Help or tech support gagafanu. Maybe someone can help.

Im a moron thanks

Check out my Tumblr its called Sims2pictures

Call me Colin
Mad Poster
#124 Old 31st Aug 2013 at 4:56 AM
Thanks guys for all the wonderfully kind words. Today has been hard, tomorrow will be a bit better. I know...
A long time friend called me today - out of the blue! - it was good to chat and share. Thank you, too, for caring.

I did build something - it's no where near finished yet - it's going to be a hi-end pet store.

@ Klaartje68 - You are so sweet to 'credit' me LOL! Welcome to S2 and this contest. This is only the 2nd contest I've done - the first one was so much fun, I just couldn't resist
Screenshots

and Vintage Stuffeths
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#125 Old 31st Aug 2013 at 5:00 AM
Catherine, that's so cute! Are you going to upload it? I was just thinking yesterday about what five shops my evil witch was going to open. (top 5 business LTW) and I thought seeing she liked cats she might like a cat/pet store. I'm sure she would shove a few things for dogs in the corner. That would be so perfect!

~Call me Jo~
Page 5 of 56