Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Jun 2024 at 3:59 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default SimPE Bidou's Career Editor Can't See Entire Window
So this is a pretty simple problem but I can't seem to find a solution online or by myself. Here's a screenshot of my screen when I open Bidou's Career Editor to edit a custom career. The problem is I can't see the bottom of the window to edit carpool type or career outfits, and there's no scroll button on the window to move down and see it. Resetting SimPE's layout to default does not solve the issue, it's like that by default already. Resizing the window manually with a mouse, or by clicking the minimize or maximize, does not change the resolution and still won't let me see beneath the edit text windows. Cascading windows by right clicking on my taskbar also does not change the resolution. Does anyone have a workaround or solution for this?
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 30th Jun 2024 at 5:51 AM
What happens if you make it windowed instead of fullscreen?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Jun 2024 at 7:30 AM Last edited by MHS0501 : 30th Jun 2024 at 7:48 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
What happens if you make it windowed instead of fullscreen?

Since I'm on Windows 10, that's pressing Alt + Enter, or Ctrl + F, right? In both cases, my computer makes a sound, nothing appears to change for the career editor, but once I close the career editor I can't interact with SimPE. The window is open, but nothing I click works, including closing the application. I have to manually end the task in task manager. Here's a screenshot of SimPE post hitting ALT + Enter.

Also managed to open the editor in windowed mode, there's a gap between the bottom of the screen and the Career Editor, but when you try to expand the bottom of the window the editor just fits the size exactly, you can't see anything beyond what's already visible.
Screenshots
Instructor
#4 Old 30th Jun 2024 at 1:38 PM
Try changing the Windows Taskbar to "Auto-hide", it should free up enough space to be able to get to the bottom buttons
Screenshots

Just call me William, definitely not Who-Ward
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 30th Jun 2024 at 2:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by whoward69
Try changing the Windows Taskbar to "Auto-hide", it should free up enough space to be able to get to the bottom buttons

Perfect, that did it! Thank you. I can see just barely a sliver of a line, but that's enough to edit the vehicle and career outfits!
Test Subject
#6 Old 3rd Jul 2024 at 7:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by whoward69

I have no way to reach u at all, don’t have tumblr and you never posted ur discord name on your page.
Downloaded the sims driving license mod by you and all my sims can still drive cars as soon as they become teens, there are zero restrictions making getting the license pointless, I followed all the instructions and am still getting this same result.
Are u able to share ur discord anywhere, or on your contact u page?
Mad Poster
#7 Old 3rd Jul 2024 at 11:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by baby06phat
I have no way to reach u at all, don’t have tumblr and you never posted ur discord name on your page.
Downloaded the sims driving license mod by you and all my sims can still drive cars as soon as they become teens, there are zero restrictions making getting the license pointless, I followed all the instructions and am still getting this same result.
Are u able to share ur discord anywhere, or on your contact u page?

Try sending them a direct message on MTS.
Test Subject
#8 Old 3rd Jul 2024 at 10:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Try sending them a direct message on MTS.

thank you! forgot about that
Mad Poster
#9 Old 3rd Jul 2024 at 11:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MHS0501
So this is a pretty simple problem but I can't seem to find a solution online or by myself. Here's a screenshot of my screen when I open Bidou's Career Editor to edit a custom career. The problem is I can't see the bottom of the window to edit carpool type or career outfits, and there's no scroll button on the window to move down and see it. Resetting SimPE's layout to default does not solve the issue, it's like that by default already. Resizing the window manually with a mouse, or by clicking the minimize or maximize, does not change the resolution and still won't let me see beneath the edit text windows. Cascading windows by right clicking on my taskbar also does not change the resolution. Does anyone have a workaround or solution for this?

It's actually fairly easy to change the career outfits and vehicles directly in the file, without using the editor - the BCONs are named obviously, and you just identify the level you want to change and swap out the GUID there.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...