Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Aug 2024 at 11:40 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Game crashing while trying to enter household DESPITE doing all fixes there are
I was playing my own made-over version of Pleasantview (clean template) just fine for its first rotational round, when all of a sudden my game now won’t stop crashing when trying to (unsuccessfully) load up the Goth household. This is the second time something like this has happened to me - I had tried playing the same Pleasantview for one single rotational round before but after a certain point it became impossible to load up the Goth household and a few other ones, which led me to begin playing a backed up version of it from when I got done making over the whole neighborhood. I’m positive it’s not a corruption-related issue because I had also been getting pink flashing quite a bit before that (which led me to believe this might be some sort of memory issue), though most of the times this would be fixed if I exited the game, deleted the cache and thumbnail files and loaded it up again. Crashing had also been happening (even without pink flashing) but it didn’t make the game unplayable since I could play it just fine if I repeated the same process I did for when I got pink flashing, although some times I’d have to repeat it once or twice to get the household that previously crashed to successfully load up. Now it just won’t load up at all.

I have applied all fixes that I know of to the game. 4GB patch, memory allocation fix, Graphics Rules maker… the only thing I haven’t tried is the DXVK but that’s because my computer does not have Vulkan compatibility.

The whole issue is very weird because I have NEVER had to deal with crashes and pink flashing this way. About a year ago I played my game just fine with very rare crashes and - believe it or not - even without successfully applying the 4GB patch or the memory allocation fix. I suspect that the issue might be neighborhood specific due to the fact I did put extra neighborhood deco while making it over and I haven’t had the same issue with relatively vanilla neighborhoods… but then again, I use those other neighborhoods mostly for building and side projects and I pretty much don’t actually play them.

I have linked some files that might be necessary to figure out the reason for the crashing/pink flashing. I would really appreciate if anybody could help!

Side note: to apply the 4GB patch successfully I had to move my Sims2.exe to CSBin.I don’t think this has anything to do with this issue but I thought it’d be worth mentioning. BTW, I also use LazyDuchess’ RPC.
Attached files:
File Type: txt  Sims2Exception 2024.08.05 21.02.53.txt (14.1 KB, 5 downloads)
File Type: txt  LAPTOP-MAS01-config-log.txt (10.6 KB, 7 downloads)
File Type: zip  DxDiag.zip (16.0 KB, 5 downloads)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 10th Aug 2024 at 3:24 AM
Yeah, that just happens sometimes. Move the sims to a new lot and it'll be fixed.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 10th Aug 2024 at 4:08 AM
I'm about to agree with kestrellyn, but wonder what will happen to the graves at the Goth mansion if the lot is bulldozed after the Goths move out? Will the game move them to a random community lot? Will it be able to move them if the Goth mansion is badly corrupted?

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 10th Aug 2024 at 4:38 AM
They'll probably just be deleted. If you have nounlinkondelete you can just respawn them somewhere else, otherwise the sims' data will be deleted and you can't get them back, but it doesn't corrupt anything.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 10th Aug 2024 at 2:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
Yeah, that just happens sometimes. Move the sims to a new lot and it'll be fixed.

Would it be ok if I got a previous backup of the hood, moved the Goths out (along with the graves), used ChrisHatch’s lot compressor to clean it up, packaged it and used the cleaned-up version of the same house in the current version of the neighborhood? Or do I ideally have to build them a whole new house?

Now that you mention it, I did have to use the lot adjuster to make the lot’s size to go a little beyond the game’s biggest lot so I could properly fit a garage. I wonder if that’d explain why I have performance issues with it?
Mad Poster
#6 Old 11th Aug 2024 at 4:25 AM
Yeah, you can package the lot. Dunno about the lot adjuster causing problems. This issue happens all the time on lots that have never been adjusted.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 11th Aug 2024 at 10:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by It’s Cassney, simtch
Would it be ok if I got a previous backup of the hood, moved the Goths out (along with the graves), used ChrisHatch’s lot compressor to clean it up, packaged it and used the cleaned-up version of the same house in the current version of the neighborhood? Or do I ideally have to build them a whole new house?

Now that you mention it, I did have to use the lot adjuster to make the lot’s size to go a little beyond the game’s biggest lot so I could properly fit a garage. I wonder if that’d explain why I have performance issues with it?

You can clean the lot with his lot cleaner globe. Lot compressor is just for sim references.
There is room on the side to build an attached garage. If you mean a separated garage I am not sure as I have only ever added an attached one.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~