Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Aug 2024 at 3:47 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Creating backup - created neighbourhood not showing
Hiya, I just want to make sure I'm doing this correctly. I've copied the Neighbourhood file to my desktop but inside is only:

N001 - which is odd because I don't have a Pleasantview save?

UBER - uberhood, in which the main hood is Pleasantview

Tutorial

The neighbourhood I want to back up is my custom one -- Nuclear Test Site #64, but I don't see that file anywhere to back up, am I looking in the wrong place?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 25th Aug 2024 at 4:16 PM
N001 isn't always Pleasantview. It's just the first neighbourhood you created.

If you aren't sure that it's the right neighbourhood, then open up storytelling and see if you recognise the pictures.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Aug 2024 at 4:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
N001 isn't always Pleasantview. It's just the first neighbourhood you created.

If you aren't sure that it's the right neighbourhood, then open up storytelling and see if you recognise the pictures.

You're exactly right, it is my custom hood! If I rename the folder (as in, just the N001 initial folder) to NST 64 so I remember it's the correct one, will that break anything? Or should I just make sure to put it back to N001 if I install the backup?
Mad Poster
#4 Old 25th Aug 2024 at 5:36 PM
Yeah, that will break it. If you want to renumber the hood then you have to also renumber all the subfolders and files within it.

But it should be okay if you put it back to the original name before using it.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 25th Aug 2024 at 6:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Yeah, that will break it. If you want to renumber the hood then you have to also renumber all the subfolders and files within it.

But it should be okay if you put it back to the original name before using it.

I'll just leave it then -- safer that way! Thanks so much for the help
Mad Poster
#6 Old 26th Aug 2024 at 2:05 AM
If your game didn't automatically generate the standard EA hoods when you ran it, something is probably messed up.
Forum Resident
#7 Old 26th Aug 2024 at 8:29 AM
You could just create a folder with the neighborhood name and copy the backup there, folders and all. That's how I do it.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 26th Aug 2024 at 2:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
If your game didn't automatically generate the standard EA hoods when you ran it, something is probably messed up.

Yeah, but if you don't want them then you can delete them and the N001 will be taken up by a new hood. That's what I did.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 27th Aug 2024 at 11:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn

It did, it generated vanilla Pleasantview