Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Aug 2022 at 3:58 AM
Default Ran hood checker on a new pleasantview and lots of problems?
Hi,
I ran Ran hood checker on a new install (pleasantview) and it flags lots of problems?

Here is a sample:
Sim Relations:
First sim does not exist: 0x00BC has relationship with 0x0199 Neil Trimble
Second sim does not exist: 0x003B Diane Pleasant has relationship with 0x0005
Second sim does not exist: 0x003B Diane Pleasant has relationship with 0x0006
Second sim does not exist: 0x003B Diane Pleasant has relationship with 0x000C
Second sim does not exist: 0x003B Diane Pleasant has relationship with 0x000D
Second sim does not exist: 0x003B Diane Pleasant has relationship with 0x005A
Second sim does not exist: 0x003B Diane Pleasant has relationship with 0x005B
Second sim does not exist: 0x003B Diane Pleasant has relationship with 0x005C
Second sim does not exist: 0x003B Diane Pleasant has relationship with 0x005D
Second sim does not exist: 0x003B Diane Pleasant has relationship with 0x005E
Second sim does not exist: 0x003B Diane Pleasant has relationship with 0x005F
Second sim does not exist: 0x003B Diane Pleasant has relationship with 0x0060
Second sim does not exist: 0x003B Diane Pleasant has relationship with 0x0061
Second sim does not exist: 0x003B Diane Pleasant has relationship with 0x0062
Memories:
Sim does not exist: Lot 0x0031 195 Main Street: [Invisible] School Bus Driver 0x006D is Familiar with Lot
Sim does not exist: Lot 0x0044 215 Sim Lane: [Invisible] School Bus Driver 0x0130 is Familiar with Lot
Sim does not exist: Lot 0x0050 30 Middle Lane: [Invisible] Newspaper Delivery Person 0x0082 is Familiar with Lot
Incorrect Subject Instance: 0x0019 Dina Caliente: Made Best Friends with 0x00CC Michael Bachelor (Subject Instance=0x00CB)
Incorrect Subject Instance: 0x0019 Dina Caliente: Had Very First Kiss with 0x00CC Michael Bachelor (Subject Instance=0x00CB)
Incorrect Subject Instance: 0x0019 Dina Caliente: Fell in Love with 0x00CC Michael Bachelor (Subject Instance=0x00CB)
Incorrect Subject Instance: 0x0019 Dina Caliente: Got Engaged To 0x00CC Michael Bachelor (Success) (Subject Instance=0x00CB)
Incorrect Subject Instance: 0x0019 Dina Caliente: Got Married to 0x00CC Michael Bachelor (Success) (Subject Instance=0x00CB)
Incorrect Subject Instance: 0x0019 Dina Caliente: Did WooHoo with 0x00CC Michael Bachelor (Subject Instance=0x00CB)

Again this is only a sample, the full list is MUCH larger. I am guessing I can just ignore these? Seems odd though so many from a fresh install. I get similar flags from the other hoods as well. Should I run the "remove" on these? I only did a scan so far.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 20th Aug 2022 at 8:44 AM
THat list is why I was never aboe to get the Pleasantview shipped with the game ti last very long and was forced to set my current Pleasantview game up by starting with a Pleasantview terrain map and starting on a blank terrain version.I added two lots to mine so far and one is a homestead lot for my first couple of colonial settlers and the other lot is the service center for my 17th century colonial version of Pleasantview.I'm creating my own renditions of the \ancestors of Pleasantview families to play with and will play through the 420 years of Pleasantview's history to reacy the present day.
I'd siggest using the blank Pleasantview terrain map instead of the established town and starting in it's origins with the founding settlers and making it your own rendition of Pleasntview like I'm doing.I'd start with just a few lots as the first arrivals will have to earn their livings farming and the town will need a community service center.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 20th Aug 2022 at 10:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Vrman87
Hi,
I ran Ran hood checker on a new install (pleasantview) and it flags lots of problems?

Run HoodChecker again, and remove all instances.

It's the only way to remove them-and you might even get a mod to keep memories from getting started by downloading Boiling Oil's
"No Sim Loaded"
Notice that he references another mod that his requires-Cyjon's 'Smarter EP Check'
and also his No Trash Memories

Once you download those, your game should be able to nerf nearly all the gossip and memories without accumulating.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 20th Aug 2022 at 3:05 PM
You can just remove them with hoodchecker, it should clear them right up.

My Simblr
He/They
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 20th Aug 2022 at 6:59 PM
Thanks everyone! I thought Hoodchecker might be able to clear it, but I wanted to make sure I wasn't going to bork something in the process lol. And thanks for the mod tips I will check them out too.

Really surprises me they released the starter towns with these kinds of problems and never fixed them later on with any of the expansions or updates. I also see it is NOT only pleasantview, but I tried several others such as strange and that also had a lot of flags. It is no wonder I see discussions about how many people kept having to send their corrupted files to Maxis years ago to try and figure out what was going on. They released towns in a bad state to begin with. :/
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 20th Aug 2022 at 7:25 PM
Interesting these are still there:
Subject does not exist: 0x01BE Nawwaf Bransfield: Met SimID=0x13AD37CA
Subject does not exist: 0x01BF Jack Gaither: Met SimID=0x13AD37CA
Subject does not exist: 0x01C0 Clay Guevara: Met SimID=0x13AD37CA

Cleaned out the rest.
Theorist
#7 Old 20th Aug 2022 at 8:10 PM

Cleaned out the rest.

Who are those three? I don't think those are the names of any of the NPCs/Townies. Did you add them yourself?

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 20th Aug 2022 at 8:57 PM Last edited by Vrman87 : 20th Aug 2022 at 9:12 PM.
Nope I didn't add them.
I went digging with SimPE and I found Jack Gaither is a NPC, so is Clay Guevara and Nawwaf Bransfield. All three look like bellhops from the image. But I haven't had any sims go on vacation or anything there. So no idea how they met lol. I have literally played for perhaps 30 minutes with this hood. Mostly looking around checking things out. Only loaded actually played with 2 families that I made (3 sims total in this case) and moved them into vacant houses.

I also haven't deleted anyone. Digging deeper in SimPE I see under each of them "Met Unknown 0x13AD37CA" And the area where name of the person they normally meet is blank. I could put in another sim there I suppose. But I suspect if I don't do the change to the other side that will create a problem as well. I am surprised Hoodchecker didn't get rid of these.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 21st Aug 2022 at 2:06 AM
Don't worry about it. You get this with any of the original Maxis base game neighbourhoods. See my post back in 2013 when I ran Hoodchecker for the first time and Mootilda's reply. Sadly she died the next year so is no longer around. It was Veronaville and I had been playing it for nearly four months. I had invested a lot of myself in it, and didn't want to lose it. So, following Mootilda's advice, I made a backup copy of it, and ran Hoodchecker again, this time with the Remove option. It removed all but 53 of the errors, and I used Pescado's batbox to remove most of the rest. I was left with three stubborn Memory errors (all connected with the Tricous in Downtown); I eventually (months later) removed them in SimPE (just deleted the memories), but not until I felt confident about making changes in SimPE. Now, over nine years later, I'm still playing that Veronaville, and I'm still immensely enjoying it too. And -- a lot of my delightful Sims are still enjoying living there too!! I'm so glad I didn't give up.

In my case I had been playing the 'hood for several months, and simply couldn't bear the thought of losing all that gameplay. In your case though,when you've only been playing it for half an hour or so, I'd be tempted to cut my losses and restart with a cleaned version of the 'hood. I'm surprised nobody else has mentioned the cleaned versions of the Maxis neighbourhoods, which are quite readily available to download. The best known of these are by Tarlia / meetmetotheriver. (Tarlia and meetmetotheriver are the same modder -- she just used different user names on different websites.) I first heard of them back in 2013. At that time I hadn't played Pleasantview or Strangetown, so I downloaded Tarlia's (meetmetotheriver's) versions of these 'hoods, and put them in my Program Files to replace the Maxis originals. So by the time I played Pleasantview it was Tarlia's cleaned version I was playing. In my game Veronaville and its attached Downtown are Maxis originals, as I was too deeply involved to change to Tarlia's. Mootilda gave a link to Tarlia's cleaned versions in her reply to my post about Hoodchecker that I mentioned above. The ones that were available when I got them are on meetmetotheriver's Live Journal, but I understand she has made newer versions and published them on her tumblr. Moreover I understand that several other people have made cleaned versions of the Maxis base game 'hoods, and some of them may be better than Tarlia's. Perhaps someone more au fait with the current situation than I am, can post in this thread and tell us.

Digging deeper in SimPE I see under each of them "Met Unknown 0x13AD37CA" And the area where name of the person they normally meet is blank. I could put in another sim there I suppose. But I suspect if I don't do the change to the other side that will create a problem as well.
I think it would be safer and simpler just to delete these memories. That's what I did when I eventually felt ready to use SimPE to make changes. Some nine years later I'm still playing the 'hood. I think that speaks for itself.

Don't be too harsh on EA/Maxis for not spotting these problems earlier. The Sims 2 is a fantastically complicated piece of programming -- it has to be to cope with all the gazillions of ways we Simmers choose to play it. The Sims 2 came out in 2004. Mootilda didn't publish Hoodchecker until 2011. It was the result seven years intensively studying the game. And by that time Maxis had moved on to The Sims 3. In 2004 nobody understood these problems. The remarkable thing isn't that there are bugs in The Sims 2. The remarkable thing is that the game works at all!!!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 21st Aug 2022 at 3:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
Now, over nine years later, I'm still playing that Veronaville, and I'm still immensely enjoying it too. And -- a lot of my delightful Sims are still enjoying living there too!! I'm so glad I didn't give up.

That is encouraging. With all that I have recently been reading about corruption, then this, I was thinking they all just die after a certain period of time no matter what you do.

I think it would be safer and simpler just to delete these memories. That's what I did when I eventually felt ready to use SimPE to make changes. Some nine years later I'm still playing the 'hood. I think that speaks for itself.

Ok, I was thinking it might be more riskier than deleting, but obviously it worked for you. What did you delete, just the memories named with the sim in question? In my case I have three from Nawwaf Bransfield, Jack Gaither, Clay Guevara? The Metsim ID is 0x13AD37CA which I don't find anywhere and probably why it is blank in SimPE when I look at the memory (my guess anyway). So just delete these memories from those 3 sims? Or should I be looking somewhere else as well?

If it was that easy, not sure why Hoodchecker couldn't zap them in the first place.

Don't be too harsh on EA/Maxis for not spotting these problems earlier. The Sims 2 is a fantastically complicated piece of programming -- it has to be to cope with all the gazillions of ways we Simmers choose to play it. The Sims 2 came out in 2004. Mootilda didn't publish Hoodchecker until 2011. It was the result seven years intensively studying the game. And by that time Maxis had moved on to The Sims 3. In 2004 nobody understood these problems. The remarkable thing isn't that there are bugs in The Sims 2. The remarkable thing is that the game works at all!!!

Very true, and a testament to why Sim3 was a step back in many respects. And at least people have found a way to fix these problems through mods or otherwise. Oh and I took at look at that thread with Mootilda, very interesting. I have only recently been looking at Hoodchecker/etc and I didn't know she had passed.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 21st Aug 2022 at 6:16 AM
No Sim Loaded doesn't have anything to do with these problems and will not fix them. These just exist in the EA neighborhoods as shipped, which is partly why people suggest using clean templates. These issues aren't actually damaging to the neighborhood, though, and I don't believe you actually need to clean them up with HoodChecker to not have your neighborhood self-destruct. There are other better reasons to use the clean templates, like ancestors having data restored and family relationships being fixed.
Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 21st Aug 2022 at 3:21 PM
Yes, highly recommend using clean templates. Those things will still happen though in clean templates while playing. Hoodchecker usually clears them up. I forget the exact problem it caused but I had to take out No Sim Loaded because it was causing issues. I do have smarter EP check and no trash memories.

My Simblr
He/They
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 21st Aug 2022 at 5:08 PM Last edited by Vrman87 : 21st Aug 2022 at 5:32 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by wickedjr89
Yes, highly recommend using clean templates. Those things will still happen though in clean templates while playing. Hoodchecker usually clears them up. I forget the exact problem it caused but I had to take out No Sim Loaded because it was causing issues. I do have smarter EP check and no trash memories.

Yes No Sim Loaded won't fix it from what I read, more preventive I think. Tried it anyway and nope. As for your problems, might they been pregnancy related? I know in certain circumstances it can, but the window appears to be small.

And yes I plan on running hoodchecker every few sessions to keep the Hoods in good shape (been doing a lot of reading on corruption as of late).
Top Secret Researcher
#14 Old 21st Aug 2022 at 6:26 PM
Yes No Sim Loaded won't fix it from what I read, more preventive I think. Tried it anyway and nope. As for your problems, might they been pregnancy related? I know in certain circumstances it can, but the window appears to be small.

And yes I plan on running hoodchecker every few sessions to keep the Hoods in good shape (been doing a lot of reading on corruption as of late).

? I'm confused. What problems am I having? Wasn't aware I was having any. What can what in certain circumstances? What window appears small? What does any of it have to do with pregnancy?

I don't remember what problems no sim loaded caused me, it's been a long while since I took it out, but I remember coming on here and asking about it and was told you don't even need no sim loaded, like it's not "essential" and to just take it out, which solved whatever issues I was having. I specifically remember someone saying they wish people would stop saying it's an essential mod. Don't remember who said that.

My Simblr
He/They
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 21st Aug 2022 at 7:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by wickedjr89
? I'm confused. What problems am I having? Wasn't aware I was having any. What can what in certain circumstances? What window appears small? What does any of it have to do with pregnancy?

I don't remember what problems no sim loaded caused me, it's been a long while since I took it out, but I remember coming on here and asking about it and was told you don't even need no sim loaded, like it's not "essential" and to just take it out, which solved whatever issues I was having. I specifically remember someone saying they wish people would stop saying it's an essential mod. Don't remember who said that.

Ok. Well you mentioned having a problem with 'No Sim Loaded' and took it out. So I asked if the problem was related to pregnancy. The reason I did is I remember reading over on the 'No Sim Loaded' download page that there can be issues with the mod with pregnancy. But the window for it to create problems is small (certain things at a certain point which is a small window of opportunity by the looks). I am by no means anything near an expert, just from what I read before I downloaded the mod.

Sorry for being confusing.
Top Secret Researcher
#16 Old 21st Aug 2022 at 7:40 PM
Ok. Well you mentioned having a problem with 'No Sim Loaded' and took it out. So I asked if the problem was related to pregnancy. The reason I did is I remember reading over on the 'No Sim Loaded' download page that there can be issues with the mod with pregnancy. But the window for it to create problems is small (certain things at a certain point which is a small window of opportunity by the looks). I am by no means anything near an expert, just from what I read before I downloaded the mod.

Sorry for being confusing.

Ah. I wish I could remember what my problem was but it was over a year ago. It very well might have had to do with pregnancy. I'm sorry I can't remember. I understand what you said now. Sorry for the confusion. I'm not an expert either, obviously lol.

My Simblr
He/They
Mad Poster
#17 Old 22nd Aug 2022 at 7:41 PM
I would use cleaned out and fixed templates of those towns if I wanted to play the populated versions or just start out my own custom versions from the terrain templates and build my own renditions of the towns up though many of the Mods to fix and avoid corruption are already in my game to stop it from ruining my towns anyways.I forgot to mention them last time because I've had them in for so long that I sometimes forget that the other poster might not have them or know about them.I've got a Strangetown game which is my BACC in Dodge and it was built on the Strangetown blank map terrain instead of the town shipped with the game so I know that corruption is less likely to happen there anytime soon.
Mad Poster
#18 Old 27th Aug 2022 at 9:55 PM

Cleaned out the rest.
I've been doing some research about these. It turns out these Sims have nothing to do with Pleasantview per se. They are indeed the bellhops from Bon Voyage. Their names in the game files are Phil Goldman, David McClellan and Dickson Yang, but like many townies and NPCs, they are randomized when the 'hood containing them (in this case the "stealth 'hood" containing the vacation destinations) is initialised in your 'hood. These 3 memories seem to be a recurring problem: last year I posted here to help Aspersim delete these memories, though I didn't realise yet that the Sims he named were the bellhops. The Fandom Sims Wiki says of Phil Goldman,
"Phil Goldman is one of the pre-made NPC bellhops from the secret sub-neighborhood Exotic Destinations, shipped with The Sims 2: Bon Voyage. The other two pre-made bellhops are David McClellan and Dickson Yang. He has short black hair, brown eyes, and medium skin. Phil's Aspiration is Knowledge, and his zodiac sign is Pisces.

As far as personality, he is quite neat and outgoing. But Phil is somewhat lazy and grouchy, and quite serious. When it comes to his skill points, he is close to maximizing the cooking and logic skills. Phil is mostly interested in Weather, Sports, and Entertainment.

He has the same facial structure as Tucker Wong. Phil's name is randomized when Exotic Destinations is generated. The name "Phil Goldman" is only referenced in the game files. Strangely he has the memory of meeting an unknown Sim, probably a result of deletion.
"

Well, we now know that all three bellhops met this unknown Sim, SimID=0x13AD37CA. Who they were we have no idea. A test customer? A hotel manager showing the bellhops their jobs? Whoever they were they didn't make the final cut of the game. We're just left with these annoying memories that the bellhops have of meeting them.

There's another complication with the bellhops -- they belong to that frustrating group of "untouchable" Sims whom we're never even to make controllable. The Fandom Sims Wiki says of Phil Goldman, "Warning: Do NOT attempt to make Phil selectable, or tamper with him in any way or form outside of his in-game designated purposes. Doing so will corrupt the neighborhood he is in." Does this prohibition extend to deleting his invalid memories? I wouldn't have thought so. AFAIK memories are held in the neighbourhood's package file (N???_Neighborhood.package, and not in the Sim's Character file. I tried out a sort of parallel case today. As an object Sim, Mrs Crumplebottom is about as "untouchable" as it gets. I noticed in SimPE that she had two gossip memories. So I wondered if it would be OK if I deleted them. (Of course I backed up first!!) I didn't delete them in SimPE. I started up the game, opened a lot, and chose Clear all Gossip from the Bat Box. I then quit the 'hood and opened SimPE: Mrs C had indeed lost her gossip memories. Iwent back into the game and opened Veronaville with no problems. I then quit the game again and ran HoodChecker on Veronaville. It gave it a clean bill of health. So it seems that deleting Mrs Crumplebottom's memories did the neighbourhood no harm at all. And from that I would take it that deleting the bellhops' invalid memories shouldn't harm it either.

So may I just tag a couple of members here?

@Aspersim Do you remember my reply to your query last year about deleting these memories? I included screenshots showing how to do it. May I ask, did it work for you? I tend to think it must have worked, as you never came back to me to tell me that I'd wrecked your neighbourhood!

@kestrellynn I'm tagging you because, of all the current regular posters here, I think you're the one with the best understanding of the internal workings of the game. Looking at that post I sent Aspersim last year, can you see any reason why OP (@Vrman87 ) shouldn't use the same procedure to remove these invalid memories that their bellhops have?

I've found a Sim in my game with a memory I'd like to remove (a townie with a "Went to College" memory when there's no college in the 'hood for them to go to). I'm going to try to follow my own instructions to see if, following them, I can safely delete the memory in SimPE. I'll let you all know how I get on.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#19 Old 27th Aug 2022 at 11:10 PM
I think you are correct and memories are safe to delete from all sims, even untouchable NPCs. However, it's also fine to leave these memories alone, they won't cause issues, especially when they belong to a sim who will never be playable and probably won't be chatting with anyone much. Bellhops are also not object NPCs, I don't believe, I don't know the names of my bellhops, but if I look in SimPE I can see that the complete list of object NPCs is Bigfoot Bigfoot, the Genie, Good Witch Cat, Grim Reaper, Hula Zombie, Ideal Plantsim, Mrs. Crumplebottom, Pollination Technician, Rod Humble, Spectral Assistant, Stinky Skunk, the Therapist, the Witch Doctor, and three NPCs from the Holiday pack that are actually defined in that pack's files: Father Time, Santa Klaus, and Toddler New Year. All other NPCs appear to have a character file in the neighborhood, so at worst they are simply missing character data and you will encounter errors and problems if you try to play with them, but I don't believe doing that (or changing any of their data) should actually cause corruption.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#22 Old 29th Aug 2022 at 11:25 PM
I've been doing some research about these. It turns out these Sims have nothing to do with Pleasantview per se. They are indeed the bellhops from Bon Voyage. Their names in the game files are Phil Goldman, David McClellan and Dickson Yang, but like many townies and NPCs, they are randomized when the 'hood containing them (in this case the "stealth 'hood" containing the vacation destinations) is initialised in your 'hood. These 3 memories seem to be a recurring problem: last year I posted here to help Aspersim delete these memories, though I didn't realise yet that the Sims he named were the bellhops. The Fandom Sims Wiki says of Phil Goldman,
"Phil Goldman is one of the pre-made NPC bellhops from the secret sub-neighborhood Exotic Destinations, shipped with The Sims 2: [I]Bon Voyage. The other two pre-made bellhops are David McClellan and Dickson Yang. He has short black hair, brown eyes, and medium skin. Phil's Aspiration is Knowledge, and his zodiac sign is Pisces*snip*.

Very interesting indeed. I never could find a reference to the names of those 3 bell hops (figured they were when I found them with SimPE and saw their picture), I only found out a day or two ago how the game will often randomly generate the names for some of the Sims when creating from a 'stealth' neighborhood. Nice to know their "original" names.

And yes these guys are NPC's so messing about with them is generally considdered a big NO NO unless you wanted a corrupted neighborhood. I didn't know that even making them selectable for a second could do that. Considering some mods such as Insiminator or Sim Manupliator can do that with ease but don't double check if you want to. So if you got it by mistake...

I also doubt deleting memories that don't link to anything should be safe from all I have read. Thanks for testing it. But I would keep a copy before that change just in case.

Looking at the data in SimPE brings up a scary thought: do they age? If a NPC can age and die, seems like that might hose a neighborhood all by itself? I see there is a age listed for all 3 of the bellhops in SimPE.

And YES please do let us know how you make out clearing out the townie with memory of collage when there aren't any lol.

Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
*snip*
Bellhops are also not object NPCs, I don't believe, I don't know the names of my bellhops, but if I look in SimPE I can see that the complete list of object NPCs is Bigfoot Bigfoot, the Genie, Good Witch Cat, Grim Reaper, Hula Zombie, Ideal Plantsim, Mrs. Crumplebottom, Pollination Technician, Rod Humble, Spectral Assistant, Stinky Skunk, the Therapist, the Witch Doctor, and three NPCs from the Holiday pack *snip*

Something interesting I noticed: Bella Goth is listed as "Unselectable" but not as a NPC. I see a lot of "how to's" for adding her back to the Goth family, is that something risky?

It is interesting I only have 4 object sims in my game Therapist, Grim Reaper, Hula Zombie, Pollination Technician. I guess the rest are added on a per-needed basis. They are also the only ones that have "(NPC)" in the actual name as well.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#24 Old 1st Sep 2022 at 3:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Aspersim
As far as I know the only sims that can age are your currently playable sims, you can only age sims up by first putting them into a family and playing that family for a day until 6pm for sims and 1pm for pets to age them 1 day forward to their natural death. You can use the Elixir of life Asperation Reward to cut back on their age days wise each time a sim will have a sip of this juice. NPC's don't ever age unless you make them apart of the family or selectable.

I can tell you might by a sims 3 player

Well in the sims 2 sims will never age up unless you control them in live mode first and at 6pm for sims and 1pm for pets, sim time sim daily. If you don't play that family those sims will stay that same age forever. unless you have a mod installed otherwise

Oh for some reason I was thinking if they were on your lot and you didn't have aging off, it would apply. Also interesting how they age. I didn't know it was at 6pm. I was also thinking it was more complex than that.

And as for being a sims 3 player, nope. Sims 1 yes, right from release but never got into Sims 2 until recently (didn't have a powerful enough computer back in the day and later on didn't around to it for some reason lol). I did pick up a Sims 3 disc recently though and plan on giving it a spin at some point. But at the moment having too much fun with Sims 2.