Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Jul 2024 at 7:30 PM
Default Your first game?
What was your first sims game?? This can also include the console and mobile versions, etc.

Also, what was your guys first pack?

Personally, my first game was The Sims 3 in 2012, and the first pack I got (i think ) was Island Paradise

DONT! BE! BLEAK!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 27th Jul 2024 at 8:00 PM
Sims 1. I think I had the deluxe edition that came with Livin' Large.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 27th Jul 2024 at 8:33 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 30th Jul 2024 at 5:44 AM.
Sim Town
(Never heard of it? It was the kid version of Sim City - kept me entertained for hours as a kid)

I think I vaguely dabbled with one of the regular SimCity games too, but I can't remember the number, or if it was before/after Sims 1.

First proper sim game was Sims 1, installed on our family computer. Had a pack with the basegame + one or two other packs in it (deluxe, maybe?). Played for a few weeks, but never quite got into it. Then TS2 came out (plus I bought a laptop, and the combo permanently made me into a night owl). I don't think I picked up TS1 after that.

I got the BG+Uni together, then bought and installed everything in order up until FreeTime. That's as much as my laptop back then could handle (but I did buy the remaining packs). When I got a new computer in -09, I installed everything.

I've played TS3 and TS4 too. They've been more on-and-off games for me. Plus I own one of the PS2 games (Bustin' out, I think? Haven't played it much). Also played Sims Social (?) on Facebook for a short time, but almost nobody else I knew played, so it wasn't easy to get anywhere in the game (I don't do microtransactions in such games - those are slippery slopes...).
Mad Poster
#4 Old 27th Jul 2024 at 9:39 PM
Sims 1, the complete collection.

I had to put money aside to buy it..and I was an adult.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://www.mediafire.com/?r=wbmnd#myfiles
Mad Poster
#5 Old 27th Jul 2024 at 10:17 PM
The Sims Double Deluxe.

I spent literally hours playing TS1 at my friends' houses. So excited when I got it for the first time for myself XD

I had most of the packs; back when games required discs, and I didn't know that no-CD cracks existed, you could take the expansions to your friend's house, install them, and do this on as many computers as you liked as long as you kept the disc of the latest expansion to play on. So she kept Makin' Magic, which was the last EP, and I had all the rest.

Check out my thoughts on Psymchology (Sim Psychology) - latest post is on the main six aspirations.
Test Subject
#6 Old 27th Jul 2024 at 11:01 PM
The Sims 4. I was really young and I saw LDShadowlady play it so I asked my dad. Turns out, he used to play SimCity a lot and so he said yes. (I think I know where his old copy of SimCity 2000 is. I'll have to dig it up.) I think my first pack was Get Together? I honestly can't remember. I do however remember that every month, once a month, me and my sister would sleep over at my grandparent's apartment, and then in the morning we would have lunch with my parents. My grandma used to always give both me and my sister 10 dollars to spend, and we would almost always strike up a deal with our dad for us to use the money to pay for half of an expansion pack and he pay for the rest, or one of us would sacrifice our 10 for a stuff pack. Good times.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 27th Jul 2024 at 11:28 PM
Does "installing Sims 1 but failing to get it to launch" count? If so, that. otherwise, Sims 2.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Space Pony
#8 Old 28th Jul 2024 at 1:19 AM
As I've said on multiple other occasions, my Sims career started with The Sims 2 in Year One, shortly before New Year's Day 2005. My first EP was Nightlife, the second one released. (We ended up getting the EPs in an odd order. Not including most Stuff Packs, after that was Seasons [EP5], Open for Business [EP3], Bon Voyage [EP6], FreeTime [EP7], University [EP1], Mansion & Garden Stuff [SP9, the only SP I'm noting here], Apartment Life [EP8], and finally Pets [EP4].)

In other news, if anyone finds my life, there's a standing reward for its recovery.

WARNING: Professional Lurker Alert!
Quote: Originally posted by DooMStalK
You know, a lot of people have ended up in the hospital with embarrassing injuries because they thought their vacuum "blows"

-- https://bash.org/?40502
Scholar
#9 Old 28th Jul 2024 at 2:01 AM
I first tried The Sims via The Sims 1 on the Nintendo GCN. I was in love with Animal Crossing at the time, so I wanted to see what this other life sim was all about. Sadly, I found it to be frustrating. I mean I shouldn't have expected it to be anything like AC, but I just didn't like it much. I don't know what changed for me, but perhaps thereabouts in late 2003 and early 2004 I started getting into it on the PC and got all of the Expansion Packs. From there I have been into The Sims ever since. I got The Sims 2 day one!

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)
Mad Poster
#10 Old 28th Jul 2024 at 3:20 AM
If we're counting all the Sims games and not just the life sims, I think it was Sim City 2000. I also did buy Sims 1 at some point and played it briefly, but eventually got bored of it. It just doesn't hold my attention without the generational aspect.
Instructor
#11 Old 28th Jul 2024 at 7:27 AM
The Sims 1!

My older brother has always been interested in videogames, and both he and my sister are the people who've shown me most of my favorite games I still play and love today. I was very young when I played the sims for the first time, and I remember watching my mom create herself in the sims and her three kids, and getting them all taken away to military school for not doing homework. When our computer stopped working, my dad bought himself his first ever laptop, and I begged my brother to install the sims in there as well, but then he told me that the sims 2 existed and that he wanted to try that one, so we went to the store to buy it and we installed it right away, and we all fell in love with the game, and I've played it ever since. I think I played the sims 3 for a week when it came out, but I couldn't get behind the graphics, the way the sims moved, and the way the game looked in general, so I gave up and went back to the sims 2. When the sims 4 came out, I played it for one day and never opened it again.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 28th Jul 2024 at 3:06 PM
Sims 1 and my first expansion was its first expansion, Living Large.

Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Sim Town
(Never heard of it? It was the kid version of Sim City - kept me entertained for hours as a kid)

That must be the only sims game I haven't heard of!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#13 Old 28th Jul 2024 at 3:13 PM
Mad Poster
#14 Old 28th Jul 2024 at 4:06 PM
If we're counting Sim City, I played some version of that first. It was considered an educational game and the computer teacher at my school would let us play it sometimes.
Mad Poster
#15 Old 28th Jul 2024 at 5:38 PM
The Sims 1 for PlayStation, my Mum bought it for me after I saw an ad for Sims 2. We didnt have a computer back then but I was obsessed and my Mum just presumed they were the same game so she bought it since I had a PlayStation. Then Christmas 2004 we got a "family computer" and me and my sister got a "shared gift" of Sims 2.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Forum Resident
#16 Old 28th Jul 2024 at 6:11 PM
The Sims 1, at my grandparents' house on a burnt disc my uncle had left there. I used to play it with my cousin. A couple of years later I slept at my uncle's place and he let me try out its sequel that had just come out. The Sims 2 was the first Sims game we had at home, I'm fairly sure, my older sibling bought it and then I took care of expansion packs and stuff packs (and gradually took over the entire game which is now in my possession). I'm not entirely sure what my first expansion pack was, but I remember getting Open for business as a Christmas gift and my grandpa helping us to install it, so it might've been that one?
Incidentally, my older sibling told me recently that when they asked our uncle to burn the Sims, he warned that it was addictive. I'm starting to suspect he might've had a point.

I am Error.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#17 Old 28th Jul 2024 at 10:21 PM
Sims 1 base game. Husband bought it for me shortly after it came out in 2000. I was probably playing Settlers at the time, not sure which version, there were many.
My first game would have been Pong at my friends house in 1972 or 3.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
#18 Old 28th Jul 2024 at 10:55 PM
Since my parents are never going to spend 60 dollars on a game, I got them to buy me University and I asked my friend for the base game to install. xD Later I bought each expansion as it came out and with great excitement. I also bought all the sims 1 since they were only worth like 10 dollars and I also played them a lot.
Mad Poster
#19 Old 28th Jul 2024 at 11:11 PM
I played SimCity 2000 for years before Sims 2.

Also several other of the older games like SimEarth and SimAnt - in fact, it took me nearly a decade to finally track down a modern successor to SimFarm (most 'farm simulation' are either tractor simulators or life-sims where you plant seeds).

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#20 Old 28th Jul 2024 at 11:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by omglo
If we're counting Sim City, I played some version of that first.

Ooh, if Sim City isn't allowed then my daughter had The Sims for Game cube, and we both had it for PC. I used to love the Game Cube version as the sims had a little shower curtain that appeared around them when they changed outfit.
https://youtu.be/LmvQRNUeqn4?t=514
Field Researcher
#21 Old 29th Jul 2024 at 6:12 AM
Sims 1 was my first--back in high school a friend of mine invited me over to his house to hang out, and he had it on his computer. He decided to show it to me, which was a BIG mistake XP, aand I would wind up taking over his computer during those visits LOL. He got me my own copy of the game and the expansions as a going-away present when I moved, because I loved them so much, and then later, contributed further to the addiction by getting me Sims 2 for my birthday a few years later.

I haven't tried 3 or 4, mostly I stick to 2 these days (though I was able to run 1 on my computer recently)
Mad Poster
#22 Old 29th Jul 2024 at 1:30 PM
My first game was Sims 2 Double Deluxe, bought new but heavily discounted, from my local Morrisons' Supermarket in October 2012. I spent a lot of time in the next few weeks studiously reading the little manual that came with the game. I installed it quite late the next month, and after messing about in Body Shop and playing the tutorial, I started to play in earnest on 30th November 2012 by creating Andrew and Gloria Jones, the family described in your fav families thread, and featured in my user name and avatar here. Since then I've added 2 EPs (Open for Business and University) and few SPs, but basically I'm still playing the same game, though in 2020 I moved it from my old Packard Bell netbook to a modern Dell gaming laptop. Indeed, until I installed the H&M Fashion Stuff Pack in October last year, I needed the Double Deluxe disk in the drive to start the game! (I now have to use the H&M disk.)

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#23 Old 29th Jul 2024 at 5:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
Sims 1, the complete collection.

I had to put money aside to buy it..and I was an adult.

I honestly never thought of the fact that The Complete Collection could be bought lol. I found out about it through oldgamesdownload.com and thought it was a ripoff of the free sims 2 complete collection but for the sims 1...I hope they do something like this for the sims 3, even if people have to pay (because lets be realistic EA would charge people a LOT for that).

DONT! BE! BLEAK!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#24 Old 29th Jul 2024 at 5:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsfreq
The Sims Double Deluxe.

I spent literally hours playing TS1 at my friends' houses. So excited when I got it for the first time for myself XD

I had most of the packs; back when games required discs, and I didn't know that no-CD cracks existed, you could take the expansions to your friend's house, install them, and do this on as many computers as you liked as long as you kept the disc of the latest expansion to play on. So she kept Makin' Magic, which was the last EP, and I had all the rest.

I honestly wonder if anytime a game company ever tried to bypass the whole 'use the CD for multiple computers' thing before I know old console games would make you type out the serial code on the box in the middle of your gameplay to make sure your game isnt pirated

DONT! BE! BLEAK!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#25 Old 29th Jul 2024 at 5:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sirendoesomestuf
The Sims 4. I was really young and I saw LDShadowlady play it so I asked my dad. Turns out, he used to play SimCity a lot and so he said yes. (I think I know where his old copy of SimCity 2000 is. I'll have to dig it up.) I think my first pack was Get Together? I honestly can't remember. I do however remember that every month, once a month, me and my sister would sleep over at my grandparent's apartment, and then in the morning we would have lunch with my parents. My grandma used to always give both me and my sister 10 dollars to spend, and we would almost always strike up a deal with our dad for us to use the money to pay for half of an expansion pack and he pay for the rest, or one of us would sacrifice our 10 for a stuff pack. Good times.

Thats honestly so cool that your dad used to play simcity and years later you're playing the sims Me & my sister used to do the same kind of deals with our parents but for the sims 3. But more often we used our birthday money or got a pack together for christmas!

DONT! BE! BLEAK!
Page 1 of 3