Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Recolors for BibloFile and CinderBook books (and bookcase recolours too)

by plasticbox Posted 7th May 2008 at 12:14 PM - Updated 12th Oct 2009 at 3:31 AM by plasticbox

75 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 68 Feedback Posts, 6 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 2 of 4
Instructor
#26 Old 8th May 2008 at 7:40 AM
Wow! This looks so much better. Thank you!
Field Researcher
#27 Old 8th May 2008 at 9:48 AM
Great idea and neat job ! One thing useful to add some variety to bookcases ! Thank you !
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 8th May 2008 at 10:14 AM
And my other half was just wishing for this very thing last night... X)
Scholar
#29 Old 8th May 2008 at 10:59 AM
Bravo PlasticBox ! It's a so welcome recolor !
A lot of thanks !!!

All of nature is within us and we are part of all nature (Chief White Cloud)
Field Researcher
#30 Old 8th May 2008 at 11:04 AM
Amazing!!! Thank you so much!!
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 8th May 2008 at 11:59 AM
That's so amazing
Top Secret Researcher
#32 Old 8th May 2008 at 12:57 PM
It's so good to have variety now, especially for libraries!
And they look all great, like real ones but simlish = perfect! Thanks a bunch!
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#33 Old 8th May 2008 at 2:02 PM
Wow, I had no idea there was so much demand for this kind of thing =)

Somebody asked for a tutorial: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=102356
This is what I used -- the generic newbie tutorial by Numenor -- the books are no different than any other object. Although getting them to fit can be tricky, particularly when changing the resolution.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 8th May 2008 at 2:43 PM
Wow, plasticbox, these are so nice!! And made with your usual love and dedication. Beautiful. Now, these could cost a lot more, ha, ha. Thank you.
Test Subject
#35 Old 8th May 2008 at 4:02 PM
AWESOME!!! These are a lot better than EAxis' book covers.
Test Subject
#36 Old 8th May 2008 at 5:59 PM
Great idea!!! Thanks!
Gone Fishin'
retired moderator
#37 Old 8th May 2008 at 6:46 PM
Brilliant idea! This is how bookshelves are supposed to look. I think I love you!
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 8th May 2008 at 7:52 PM
Can we use these with the new Freetime option to create Novels?
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#39 Old 8th May 2008 at 8:16 PM
LOolyharb1, these are just retextures -- they don't change the way the bookcase works.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

Field Researcher
#40 Old 8th May 2008 at 9:17 PM
It's perfect, I just can say thanks.
Field Researcher
#41 Old 9th May 2008 at 10:26 AM
Awesome. And good the idea to transcript the english language into the greek alphabet, it can be read too!
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#42 Old 9th May 2008 at 3:30 PM
Eh, but that won't always work =) I often just typed in whatever looked good.

By the way, can anyone make out what it says there on the standard in-game book? "Reference for the Simple Sim"? "Reference for the Ample Sim"? "Reference for the Pimple Sim"? The screenshot in the OP is 1:1 the original texture.

Test Subject
#43 Old 10th May 2008 at 4:52 PM
Great! I love books~...and the shelf! :P
Test Subject
#44 Old 11th May 2008 at 6:27 AM
Wow. This little bookcase project is stunning, it looks like a Maxis default. Great work!

The champ is here!
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 18th May 2008 at 2:42 PM
I only wanted to bookcase recolours as i didnt really care about the look of the books ingame, but now Ive downloaded I cant see the recolours in the game, are they dependant onthe book recolours? I also dont get the biblio and cinder book files? You havnt mentioned in your post what either reprisent. Im confused.

Life is a curious game..
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#46 Old 18th May 2008 at 3:59 PM
The bookcase recolours are *independent* of the book recolours, as stated in the OP.

What do you mean by "I also dont get the biblio and cinder book files", do you have problems downloading them? Or are you confused about the filenames?

"Books-BiblioFile_4xRC.zip" = Books for the BiblioFile bookcase, 4 recolours
"Books-CinderBooks_4xRC.zip" = Books for the CinderBooks bookcase, 4 recolours
"Bookcase-BiblioFile_7xRC.zip" = Bookcase recolours for the BiblioFile bookcase, 7 recolours

Er, that much is pretty obvious I would have thought? These are the English names, but I have no idea what they are in other languages, so you need to figure out by yourself which is which if you're playing the game in a different language. Shouldn't be too hard, given that there are only 5 or so Maxis bookcases ..

Test Subject
#47 Old 19th May 2008 at 6:12 PM
Thank you. I have some hundreds of books at home. Poor simmies had only some.
Now, I can do our home more realistic.
Thank you, again!
Instructor
#48 Old 20th May 2008 at 3:08 PM
What a brilliant idea! i love how you used Sims obtics and pictures for the books, it makes it fit in so perfectly. (The crying bride? What a delicously nasty touch. Poor woman.)

Now I can't resist: Is there any chance you could (or any amount of shameless begging that would make you) make something like this in a medieval style? Maybe starting with one of the medieval book cases around. I'd be more than happy to dig up some nice pictures of medieval book covers.

Pretty pretty please? And forgive the rudeness of stating a request outside of the request forums. After seeing this I couldn't help myself.
Field Researcher
#49 Old 25th May 2008 at 8:38 PM
Test Subject
#50 Old 5th Jun 2008 at 6:54 AM
sweet ! these are perfect thank you so much !!!

LaGouLue, because I'm Worth It :)
Page 2 of 4