Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Jun 2024 at 7:55 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Missing memory of child going to college
I've recently picked up the game again and for the first time in a long time I sent a teen to college. Usually I'd do this in the neighbourhood screen but this time I was playing the house and called to university to go to university. One sibling waved him goodbye, the mom was just a bit too late. Both parents had the "xxx goes to college" wish locked and the teen also had the wish locked. I moved him into an empty new lot. There was an animation but it was just him in the taxi and after aging up his wish was fulfilled. After saving I went back to the parent's household and for both parents the wish was replaced but there was no memory of their oldest child going to college. As they both have their max aspiration rewards points (is this how you call it?), I can't check it through that if the wants were succesfully granted.
I have the no-trash-memories mod from BO installed but according to SimPE the memory "went to college (family)" is turned on. Am I missing something here? https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Cinematic lists the animation without parents to occur when there are no living parents, could there be something wrong with the family relationships?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 20th Jun 2024 at 4:20 AM
I think sims getting memories of things that happen on other lots is just broken sometimes, you can just add the memory manually with a mod.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 20th Jun 2024 at 1:17 PM
It is weird that neither parent showed up in the cinematic. Maybe you should double check the relationships.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 20th Jun 2024 at 2:31 PM
Yeah, normally that would only happen if one parent was a pollination technician.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 20th Jun 2024 at 8:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
I think sims getting memories of things that happen on other lots is just broken sometimes, you can just add the memory manually with a mod.

Yeah, I checked another family - 9 kids, oldest three into college. Mom doesn't have a memory of them going to college, the father only from the oldest. One of the siblings has got a memory and the second youngest one got one of their uncle when she was only a baby. Quite strange
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 20th Jun 2024 at 8:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
It is weird that neither parent showed up in the cinematic. Maybe you should double check the relationships.

Hi, I opened the family in SimPE and both his parents are listed as parents or do I need to check somewhere else?
Mad Poster
#7 Old 21st Jun 2024 at 12:52 AM
You can also just check with the Sim Blender. If they're properly linked as parents, it's probably just a glitch.