Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Unexpected Sidings RC - Clapboard siding in 12 colors w/ left and right accent trim.

by Honeywell Posted 15th Jul 2010 at 2:57 PM - Updated 9th Sep 2012 at 8:59 PM by Honeywell : ETA 7zip link

34 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 30 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
#2 Old 15th Jul 2010 at 3:17 PM
I love the siding, I want to download it, but what on earth kind of format is the download file in? I've never seen it before.
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#3 Old 15th Jul 2010 at 3:24 PM
Honeywell: These are very nice work. I do like the streaky appearance.

LilyDarling:
Site News; Separate Link: 7zip

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 15th Jul 2010 at 5:49 PM
Well done! I liked your Gingham walls with the wainscoting, but was unsure of what to use them for, but I see myself using these more in my game.

Theorist
Original Poster
#5 Old 15th Jul 2010 at 5:53 PM Last edited by Honeywell : 15th Jul 2010 at 8:06 PM.
Thanks guys, I'm glad you like them.

@LilyDarling, you should be good to go with the links MSD gave? If you're still having a problem I linked the MTS Wiki Help page for 7zips on the main post too.
Forum Resident
#6 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 12:27 AM
This isn't a format I'll use in my game, but I wanted to let you know the siding looks very nice and MUCH more realistic!
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#7 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 1:58 AM
Curses! Just when I thought my walls/floors folder was full enough. They look lovely, and I love having trim on the edges of walls too. Now if there were just matching coves or fancy butts.
Test Subject
#8 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 4:52 AM
These look great Honeywell, thanks! I normally don't use the Maxis siding because it looks too "perfect". These will be wonderful for some suburban houses.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 6:11 AM
I love this set ! Thanks for sharing
Mad Poster
#10 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 8:46 AM
Beautiful work!

This allows me to see into the minds of people! That's right, I can actually see what they're thinking!
So long as what they're thinking is exactly what I think they're thinking.
Field Researcher
#11 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 2:46 PM
Beautiful
Test Subject
#12 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 3:46 PM
Thank you for the info MSD and Honeywell. I can't wait to see these sidings in-game
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 17th Jul 2010 at 2:08 PM
These are awesome, great colors. Thank you!
Banned
#14 Old 17th Jul 2010 at 3:49 PM
Great job, thank you!
Field Researcher
#15 Old 18th Jul 2010 at 3:33 AM
Wonderful! Love that it's uneven because it makes the siding look much more realistic. Thank you.
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#16 Old 20th Jul 2010 at 10:55 PM
These are really good - I love the shading - very realistic looking.

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Test Subject
#17 Old 23rd Jul 2010 at 11:34 PM
Great! Sadly I can't download it because of the .7z thing. I can't download .rar or .7z files. I've downloaded the program but it doesn't work for me. Will you be uploading to the exchange?
Theorist
Original Poster
#18 Old 24th Jul 2010 at 3:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by boomer329
Great! Sadly I can't download it because of the .7z thing. I can't download .rar or .7z files. I've downloaded the program but it doesn't work for me. Will you be uploading to the exchange?
Hi boomer! It's nice to see you here too. I'm actually not going to be uploading these to the exchange--I've uploaded walls before and people were really quick to downrate them so I'm just sticking to houses over there so my feelings don't get hurt. You've been supporting my stuff forever though (it seems) so I'd hate for you to miss something you wanted. I can't do it tonight but I'll put these in a zip instead for you, up them to a file share site and pm you the link. Talk to you soon. ~Tabby

P.S.
Thanks all for the comments! Much appreciated.
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
Now if there were just matching coves or fancy butts.
And I'm still working on that--it's harder than it seems. lol
Test Subject
#19 Old 25th Jul 2010 at 4:48 AM
Thanks! Downraters really need to get a life. I love your work!
Undead Molten Llama
#20 Old 27th Jul 2010 at 12:55 AM
Oh, I love these so very much. The "streaky" look is so much more realistic than siding in monolithic solid colors. These actually inspired me to do some building, something that I haven't done in a while. (You can see some of the results in post #71 of this thread, if you like.) I think I'm going to make even more colors of them because I love them so much. Thanks so much for sharing! :D

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Theorist
Original Poster
#21 Old 29th Jul 2010 at 6:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by iCad
Oh, I love these so very much. The "streaky" look is so much more realistic than siding in monolithic solid colors. These actually inspired me to do some building, something that I haven't done in a while. (You can see some of the results in post #71 of this thread, if you like.) I think I'm going to make even more colors of them because I love them so much. Thanks so much for sharing! :D
Those look really good, iCad! I love how you mixed the vertical siding with them. :lovestruc I'm working on fancy shingles to match (eventually) so maybe I'll do the vertical siding in the same colors too. Thanks for taking the time to comment and share your pics--I appreciate it. ~Tabby

P.S.
If you do end up recoloring these I hope you decide to share them here. I hate having a gazillion walls I'll never use but I'm using these for the first time myself and I like them even more than I thought I did so I'd download them.
Inventor
#22 Old 29th Jul 2010 at 11:41 PM
When I was building a lot the other day I was thinking about how annoying it is to not have more colors to chose from for these sidings. Great job! All the colors looks so realistic
Test Subject
#23 Old 2nd Aug 2010 at 12:55 PM
I use MAC. The link to the 7zip I only see windows mentioned. Can anyone help? I wanted to download these. Thanks.
Theorist
Original Poster
#24 Old 2nd Aug 2010 at 7:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by shenkoo
I use MAC. The link to the 7zip I only see windows mentioned. Can anyone help? I wanted to download these. Thanks.
I just sent you a pm. Or WinRAR can open 7z archives too. Either or you should be good to go.
Undead Molten Llama
#25 Old 3rd Aug 2010 at 6:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Honeywell
Those look really good, iCad! I love how you mixed the vertical siding with them. :lovestruc I'm working on fancy shingles to match (eventually) so maybe I'll do the vertical siding in the same colors too. Thanks for taking the time to comment and share your pics--I appreciate it. ~Tabby

P.S.
If you do end up recoloring these I hope you decide to share them here. I hate having a gazillion walls I'll never use but I'm using these for the first time myself and I like them even more than I thought I did so I'd download them.

Vertical siding would be much appreciated! Diagonals would be nice, too.... I like to mix materials, patterns, and directions to create interesting exteriors, as you saw. I kind of suck at interior decorating, but I enjoy exterior decorating. Just wish I was better at landscaping! *laughs*

And I indeed made more colors of these. Now that I have conquered my Sharing Fear, I shall upload them... Thanks again!

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Page 1 of 2