Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Apr 2023 at 7:01 AM Last edited by kestrellyn : 7th Nov 2023 at 12:22 AM. Reason: Update
Default LTW Tracker for Lamare's 50 new LTWs
So, I was interested in installing Lamare's 50 new LTWs, like most people, but the thing is, with the EA LTWs that require doing something 20 times, or making 100,000 simoleons or whatever, it's handy to track this stuff with the Date Counter object that I believe was originally made by Squinge and then was retextured by Lord Darcy at MATY. So this object is my attempt to make something similar for all of Lamare's new LTWs. so that you can track your progress towards achieving them. However, testing all of the options is kind of a pain, and very time-consuming. So, I am posting a mostly-tested version here for people to try out and hopefully report back when they've verified that different functions are working. I'll keep track here of what's been verified as working, and when it's all been verified I'll upload it to the main section of MTS.

Some of the new LTWs rely on a custom token that Lamare created to count how many times you did whatever it was, and some of them rely on counting memories. If you uninstall a LTW (or never installed it in the first place) the counter will not work for it if it relies on a token (and progress already achieved towards that LTW will not be counted for satisfying it), and if you mess with sims' memories (using a mod, or using the Tabula Rasa spell) you can erase progress made towards LTWs that rely on memories. So I've noted below which options rely on Lamare's tokens, and which rely on memories. Since you can tune the amount of things you have to do for some LTWs, I have not included required amounts that are tunable (e.g. it will say "I have restored 10 cars" and not "I have restored 10/50 cars" or whatever). Some things are not tunable and required amounts have been included (e.g. "300/1000 body skill" or "5/72 Tai Chi Skill").

The object itself looks like the Red and Blue painting and is available from the Decorative/Paintings section for $1. It has the following options:

InteractionLTWEP Requirements for InteractionNotesRelies on Custom Token?Relies on Sim Memories?Fully Tested?
Vacation Mementos...Collect All Vacation MementosBon VoyageEach memento has a separate option, which will be either disabled, which means you have completed the memento, or not disabled, meaning you haven't. Because the LTW does not count mementos achieved before installing the LTW, clicking on each option will mark that memento as achieved for the purposes of Lamare's LTW. If you mark something by accident and want to undo it, you can click reset to unmark everything, and then just go back and mark what should be marked. Note that you cannot satisfy the LTW by just clicking on the all options on my object, you do have to actually achieve at least one memento in real gameplay.Yes NoYes
Good VacationsHave X Good VacationsBon VoyageNoNoYes
Wellness of Body & MindWellness of Body & MindFree Time and Apartment LifeDoes not list Tai Chi requirement if BV not installed. This will not satisfy automatically when all requirements are met, you have to drink a protein shake to trigger it.NoNoYes
Stars and PlanetsDiscover X Stars and X Planets with TelescopeFree TimeNoNoNo
Crafting...Sew X Items on Sewing Machine, Sculpt X Pieces on Pottery Wheel, Make X Toys, Create X Devices on Robot Workbench, Make X Flower ArrangementsFree Time for Sewing and Pottery options, OFB for the othersThere are submenus for each LTW.Yes NoYes
Restored CarsRestore X CarsFree TimeYes NoYes
Caught FishCatch X FishSeasonsYes NoYes
Salon MakeoversPerform X Paid Salon MakeoversOpen For BusinessNB: They have to be paid makeovers. Free ones do not count.Yes NoYes
FightsWin Fights with X Different SimsNoneNote that there is a fight counter on the original Date Counter object, but that is not suitable for this LTW, because it counts total won fights and not number of unique sims defeated.NoYes Yes
Wonder Child...Raise a Wonder ChildUniversityAll of the sim's current children (including dead children) will appear in a submenu. You can select each child to see their progress towards becoming a Wonder Child. Note that you will see number of D grades and number of times grown up badly out of 0. This means you cannot have any instances of those for your Wonder Child.NoYes (relies on both the parent's and child's memories)Yes
Self-EmployedSelf-Employed TalentOpen For BusinessThis lists all badge and skill levels, but note that only one badge or skill other than Sales, Restock, and Register is required.NoNoYes
Successful PartiesHave X Successful PartiesNoneNoYes No
Hours of TeachingSpend X Hours Teaching OthersNoneYes NoConfirmed for career rewards. Was unable to get other options to appear.
Society and Hobby FriendsBe a Member of X Hobby Clubs and Secret Society and have Best Friends in EachFree TimeSecret Society requirement not displayed if University not installed. This only counts best friends, as it's easy to keep track of which hobby lots you've unlocked.NoNoYes
Repaired ObjectsRepair X ObjectsNoneYes NoYes
Earned Money...Earn $X Rapping, Breakdanceing or Firedancing, Earn $X as a Personal Fitness Trainer, Earn $X Playing Poker, Make $X Playing Pool, Make $X Working as DJ, Earn $X Playing Musical InstrumentsNoneSubmenu options for each LTW.Yes NoAll except for DJing confirmed working
Served DrinksDrinks MasterNoneYes NoNo
InfluenceMaximize Influence and Use it X TimesNoneOnly tracks how many times influenced was used, since it's easy to see your progress towards maxing it.Yes NoYes
EnemiesHave X Simultaneous Enemies and Terrible ReputationNoneNoNoYes
PromotionsJob HopperNoneNoYes Yes
Careerist Clan...Reach Career Top and Have X Children on High LevelsNoneThis will simply display disabled options - one for the current sim, listing their job level out of 10, and one for each of their children listing their job levels out of 6.NoNoYes
Best Quality ProduceHarvest X Best Quality Garden ProduceSeasonsYes NoNo
Current AssetsOutlive Spouses Until You Have $XNoneThis LTW is satisfied when your spouse dies and the number reported by this option is greater than X. There are no other requirements. This option counts family funds, lot value (if not living in an apartment), and any businesses and vacation homes you may own.NoNoYes
Created VampiresBe Vampire and Turn X Sims Into VampiresNightlifeThis counts the Bit Sim memories, so if you have a hack that generates Bit Sim memories, like Midge's hack that allows you to bite sims without turning them, that could mess up the count for this LTW. I may make a version of Midge's hack that only generates the Bit Sim memory if you actually turn them at a later point.NoYes Yes
Created ZombiesResurrect X Sims as ZombiesUniversity OR Free Time OR Apartment LifeNoYes No
Alien AbductionsGet Abducted X Times and Learn From AliensNoneNoNoYes
Witches...Reach Peak Magic Alignment and Cast X Spells as Witch, Master Magic Skill and Make X Potions, Reagents or Objects as WitchApartment Life (also, you have to be a witch or the option will not appear)Has Spellcaster and Item Crafter suboptions for each LTW.Yes Sort of. Having a memory of achieving maximum alignment or mastering magic skill counts, but so does actually having maximum alignment or magic skill Yes
Competitions...Win X Cooking Contests and Learn to Prepare X Dishes, Win X Gaming Competitions and Own All 8 Video Games, Win X Dance Contests and Maximize Body and Dance SkillsFree TimeNote that video game ownership is tied to the family, and that if your sims leave the family (to go to college, for example) they will also leave their video games behind. If you move the whole family out from neighborhood view they will take their games with them.Yes Yes Prepare X Dishes, body and dance skills tested
Food CriticWrite X Restaurant Guides and Try X DishesFree TimeThe food eating requirements are basically that you need to eat one food from each of a number of special categories. Which categories are required depend on what EPs you have installed and what Vacation Destinations are attached to your current neighborhood. The dialog will display each category, and then have "N/1" (where N is the number of foods in that category you have eaten) if the category is required for your configuration, and "N/0" if the category is not required, in which case you don't actually have to eat any of those foods to satisfy the LTW.Yes NoTry X Dishes tested
MansionHave an $X Mansion, Perfect Garden, All Hired Help, and Luxury ItemsSeasonsYou cannot use this option when not on the selected sim's own lot. The dialog will list the luxury items that count, you need to have at least one of four different types of luxury items from among the types listed. Butler requirement not listed if you don't have Apartment Life.NoNoYes
Attached files:
File Type: zip  ltwprogresschecker.zip (89.1 KB, 922 downloads)
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 26th Apr 2023 at 2:46 AM
Great idea!
I've downloaded it, but am busy with study at present, so not playing much. If I notice anything when I do play, I'll post it for you.

This will make three potentially different paintings to place, including yours and the old DateCounter/GrilledCheeseCounter paintings. I don't know why the originals were made as separate items, rather than options on a single object. Would it be reasonable to combine those with yours at some stage?

My new downloads are on my Pillowfort
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Apr 2023 at 4:40 AM
Yes, that could definitely be done, probably after all the testing is completed.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 30th Apr 2023 at 10:06 PM
Thanks for this

I had a quick play with it, and just want to report a misspelling of gardener under the mansion tab when showing the results.

All seemed to be working well my end!!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 1st May 2023 at 3:53 AM
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 5th May 2023 at 4:59 AM
Sorry for the delay, I've been sick/busy. That typo has now been fixed. I should have some more time to test this next week when I'm off of work.
Pretty Space Pony
retired moderator
#7 Old 7th May 2023 at 9:08 PM
Ooh, ever since I started using Lamare's LTW I have wanted something like this. Currently testing it on my sim with the LTW to have 15 promotions. Number in the dialogue matches my own tracking sheet. I will play around with this family a bit more to see if it works as it should.
I agree with aelflaed about combining the tracker objects, I would prefer that. Also, is it possible to edit your mod in such a way that only the menu-item for the current LTW shows up?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#8 Old 9th May 2023 at 6:22 AM
I don't know how to check what a sim's current LTW is, but I can look at Lamare's object and see if there's a way to do that.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#9 Old 16th Aug 2023 at 9:15 AM Last edited by kestrellyn : 16th Aug 2023 at 9:27 AM.
I updated the tracker with fixes for problems with the Wonder Child tracker and the Created Vampires tracker, and marked a few more functions as fully tested.

Also, I don't believe there is a way to check what a sim's current LTW is.
Test Subject
#10 Old 24th Nov 2023 at 10:05 AM
I've been using this for some time - with no problems until today, when something odd has happened. For instance, "Fish caught" shows zero fish caught - when the Sim has caught several fish, all visible in the inventory.
Is it because the Sims in question have all moved to college from the main neighborhood?
I'm not aware of having twiddled with anything that might affect it - my activity in that line is limited to Recolor and occasionally changing the price of an object.
All suggestions gratefully received
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#11 Old 24th Nov 2023 at 9:09 PM
That one is confirmed working, so I think you must have accidentally uninstalled the LTW or something like that. If the sim was originally a townie or dormie, any fish he caught as a townie also would not have counted.
Test Subject
#12 Old 25th Nov 2023 at 8:27 AM
The problem has turned out to be a (minor) clash of mods. The ponds used by my Sims are equipped with the Ocean Fishing Spot mod which brings with it (?) Aysarth's Custom Fish, which seem not to be counted as fish. However, EA's standard fish are (as you knew!) counted for LTW/LTW Tracker purposes (even if my Sims seldom catch any).
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#13 Old 25th Nov 2023 at 8:46 AM
Yeah, if it doesn't use the EA fishing code, Lamare's LTW won't count it.
Instructor
#14 Old 1st Apr 2024 at 3:31 AM
I have a sim who has purchased all video games but it says he owns 0. New household
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#15 Old 1st Apr 2024 at 4:45 AM
Can the video games all be played on the computer?