Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Jul 2024 at 5:13 AM
Can you drop out as a Junior?
Hi! Was just wondering - Getting kind of bored of Uni gameplay... If I were to make my sim drop out would I still get anything out of it? Or will I get a memory pop up from dropping out? My sim just became a junior.
TLDR; What happens if you drop out halfway into Uni?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 26th Jul 2024 at 5:33 AM
You can drop out whenever. You don't get anything out of it, unless you have a mod for that.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 26th Jul 2024 at 5:48 AM
You retain the five want slots, and of course any skills gained.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#4 Old 26th Jul 2024 at 11:21 PM
You also get a little crossed out symbol for your previous age stage. I think there's a memory for dropping out? Not sure. (Edit: It turns out the rest of their family will get the memory, but not them. Get the fix: https://modthesims.info/d/683456/qu...memory-fix.html)

In future I would recommend for you to look at Cyjon's mod Semester Changes. It changes university to be only one semester for each year, rather than two, so in total four semesters instead of eight. Makes it a bit less tedious and your future sims could graduate at the point your sim is getting bored.

(You can also cheat them into their final semester, and let them graduate if you want!)

Check out my thoughts on Psymchology (Sim Psychology) - latest post is on the main six aspirations.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 27th Jul 2024 at 2:08 AM
Or else you can totally cheat and use Christianlov's 'fake diploma' and they get college degrees without the work but with the memory of going to college!

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://www.mediafire.com/?r=wbmnd#myfiles
Field Researcher
#6 Old 6th Aug 2024 at 7:05 PM
Another mod you might be interested in is the college clock (collegeclock.package) from MATY. It doesn't do anything by itself. You just plop it on your Uni lot and it does nothing until you choose an option.

One option is that when you feel your sim has done enough to pass the semester (skills, assignments and whatnot), you can click the college clock and choose Take Final Now. It will make your sim's Final Exam happen in one or two hours.

This leaves it entirely in your hands. If you're having fun with a particular sim in Uni, you can just play the semesters as normal. But if you're getting bored, you can send them off to take a final whenever they, and you, are ready.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 6th Aug 2024 at 9:49 PM
You can any time.
Do you have any UNI mods? There are plenty of mods that shorten UNI.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
#8 Old 8th Aug 2024 at 4:14 AM
I live in a country where degrees are usually 3 years rather than 4, so I make many of my sims drop out at the start of their senior year if their grades aren't high enough. I also have a mod that shortens semesters to 48 hours, which helps speed up uni as well.

The default game they get the extra want slot (and lock for finishing 3rd year), and no penalties. I also have a mod I made called Doctors Need Degrees that means that sims with a partial degree still get some work advantages compared to no degree.