New Mesh: "Slim Line" Painting + Photo Studio Templates
Updated: 22nd Jan 2006 at 2:23 AM - Added Photo Studio templates.
This is the first mesh I have posted (be gentle, LOL). I know so many painting meshes have been created already but I wanted a nice setting for longer paintings when a frame is desired rather than just a canvas. The mesh exhibits the wonderful Yosemite National Park by Ansel Adams.
The painting does not require any EP to use in your game since it is based on Maxis' "Olive Peynter City SkyScape" which came with the original game. And it only costs $650 rather than $4000 like the original.
The mesh is colour enabled and you may recolour at will but please link back to this post for the original mesh. Feel free to post recolours on another site but please don't post the mesh - just link to this thread. And please do not post on pay sites.
I've been using this mesh in my game for months now and have not experienced any problems but as I've only used it on my own machines please let me know if you have any problems with it in your game.
I've included 4 recolours with this post and I'll be posting more recolours in a separate post. Each file is an individual *.package file and screenshots are included in the zips. Hopefully some of you will enjoy it.
Update: For anyone interested in making recolours of this painting, I remembered that I have Photo Studio templates created for 6 frame colours: Black, Brown, Cream, White, Grey, and Red. I tested the templates with v.50 (they were made with a much older version) and they work fine so I've included them in this post.
Just unzip the templates to your Simpe\Data folder and they'll be available in Photo Studio.
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
Description: A nice setting for longer paintings when a frame is desired rather than just a canvas.
* The following information shares where to find it in buy-mode, any buffs/moodlets they get from it and what it can be used for!
Size: 172.6 KB · Downloads: 4,174 · 3rd Dec 2005
|172.6 KB||4,174||3rd Dec 2005|
Size: 172.0 KB · Downloads: 5,083 · 3rd Dec 2005
|172.0 KB||5,083||3rd Dec 2005|
Size: 68.6 KB · Downloads: 6,916 · 3rd Dec 2005
|68.6 KB||6,916||3rd Dec 2005|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.