Annie Modular Sofa UPDATED 22 Nov 2007
Updated: 10th Dec 2008 at 11:38 PM by whitesiren
Ive updated a bad wallshadow and the recolours, so please redownload the meshes and recolours and replace the old files with these new ones in your downloads folder please!
Ive always wanted to make another modular sofa, because I thought my first sofa was a real mess. Well, with a bit of spare time, I've gotten around to making them.
These sofas are pretty much far from perfect, but I reckon theyre a mark improvement from the first one. Want to mention that I went through a rough patch with my gf recently, we decided to make this set as a team, and corny as it sounds, it made us closer than ever.
So, I want everyone to know that my georgie did the texturing of the sofas and I couldnt have been danm prouder of her.
Ok, enough with reallife blogging, and on to the sofas, hehe. There are basically 3 different meshes in this set, theyre shown below:
You can use these sofas to create different modular shapes, as shown on my pictures and lots more shapes you can think up of. I used the repository technique, thanks to Jwoods and his tute/ modding infocentre, which prooved extremely useful here.
- You'll need to download the main mesh, (with the cushions) in order for the other 2 to work with their textures.
- These are modular sofas which will join up when put next to each other. You'll need Inge's sectionalsofa patch in your downloads folder from here:http://forums.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?p=1393933
Unfortunately, if you have Shaklin's sectionalsofa patch, you'll have to remove that from your downloads folder in order for these to work
- The beauty of these sofas is that I've made an overlay of the shadows on the texture, so it makes recolouring childs play. You can simply wack on your flat fabric or wood or texture of choice, and the shadows mesh does all the hard work for you and will make the sofas look good in game. Ive attached the uvmapping if anyone's interested in recolouring.
- If you want to recolour the sofas, you just need to recolour the main mesh, (with the cushions)
- Much improved (less) poly counts from my first sofa.
- I think youll need Nightlife for these sofas to work correctly
- These sofas do not have wall shadows on them, I had a problem with them and just couldn't get them to work
- The design tool does not work on the ottoman and sofa without cushions when theyre joined up. Not sure how to fix that
- These sofas are listed in the catalog under Comfort > sofas
On to the screenies:
Thats it, hope you enjoy the sofas and have fun experimenting with the different modular shapes.
and thanks again mts2 for being such an awesome place to be in
Highest poly faces - 1342
Average poly faces - 1100
Highest poly faces - 1342
Average poly faces - 1000
Ottoman (no arm, no back):
Highest poly faces - 698
Average poly faces - 630
Jwoods tute/modding infocentre on repository technique
The ususal suspects: simpe, mts2
The rest of the objects in the pics are Maxis or I made, and might upload them in the future.
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
Size: 4.16 MB · Downloads: 153,623 · 22nd Nov 2007
|4.16 MB||153,623||22nd Nov 2007|
Size: 90.5 KB · Downloads: 144,766 · 22nd Nov 2007
|90.5 KB||144,766||22nd Nov 2007|
Size: 162.5 KB · Downloads: 144,182 · 22nd Nov 2007
|162.5 KB||144,182||22nd Nov 2007|
Size: 460.8 KB · Downloads: 167,542 · 22nd Nov 2007
|460.8 KB||167,542||22nd Nov 2007|
|For a detailed look at individual files, see the Information tab.|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
For a full list of packs with names, see the Packs Needed popup.
Also I've received numerous messages that seem to be enquiring on recurring topics. Here Ill put on a couple of faq's to help you.
Q - Those walls and floors in my screenshots in the "Great Aussie Bathroom", where can I get them?
A - You can't, those were made by me, and deleted by me, stupid me.
Q - After Ive installed the apartment expansion, the maxis modular sofas don't work anymore, why?
A - If you have my modular sofas with Inge's patch, chances are you'll need to download the updated patch by Inge. I've provided the link to Inge's page on my modular sofa's pages.
Q - The shiny floor??
A - Those were made by Murano and Ive provided the credits for those, didnt I?
- Any other problems you think mightve been caused by my creations, report them on the downloads page. Please only send a pm when yuor questino is unrelated to the particular objects etc. or if it's personal or inappropriate to the public eyes... nothing disturbing thogh :-)
- My objects can be packaged/uploaded in your lots
- No need to credit me, just share, sharing is good
For those recolouring,
- Don't need to link back to page for my meshes, i.e., you can include them in your downloads if you want