Car wreck as junk pile
Updated: 11th Apr 2011 at 1:44 PM
Fixed alot of things, remapped some stuff etc etc
Its a low polygon mesh with high polygon rims.
Has one high and one low detail.(same meshes are used to create the shadows)
Has one Geostate(or none geostate....), see screenshots
Comes in 3 designes
-rust model with dirt on the details
-Same as above but with a burned overlay(stencil)
-Shiny version with the original textures(once done by me)
included are 2 patterns, the castiron from EP2 and a kinda cracked glass pattern i made.
You can recolor:
How does it work
I cloned a junk pile and changed mesh, textures, materials, slots and disabled the sparkling
Works the same as a junk pile, atleast 6 slots are available to collect junk
When all the junk is collected the car will change into the geostate.
Geostate is without:
Left door and glass window
How do i find it ingame
Not all category's worked so its a bit hard to find:
Name: Car wreck
Buy category/by function/decoration/show all/then click cc only and it will pop right up.
Its available for both community and living but when placing it on a lot sims will ripp it apart quickly
I wanted a hole in the windows and the option to recolor them wich i only managed by choosing the phong alpha material, works great.
Then i also tried to crack the whole window by making a pattern for it but patterns cause alot bleeding through.
Just pick a solid color to avoid the bleeding if you dont like the fully cracked window, the hole will still be there.
The scrap/junkpiles comes randomly with or without junk in them, same with the car.
Sometimes you only get the geostate(no door/window etc), just repick to fix.
There are no shadows for the non geostate parts(left door and window/front seat etc)
I didn't want those shadows when the car was ripped, so i left them out.
high detail = 10397(none geostate is lower)
low detail = 6948(none geostate is lower)
Made with TSRW
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
Size: 1.11 MB · Downloads: 7,658 · 28th Mar 2011
|1.11 MB||7,658||28th Mar 2011|
|For a detailed look at individual files, see the Information tab.|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file. Now you will have either a .package or a .sims3pack file.
For Package files:
1. Cut and paste the file into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages folder. If you do not already have this folder, you should read the full guide to Package files first: Sims 3:Installing Package Fileswiki, so you can make sure your game is fully patched and you have the correct Resource.cfg file.
2. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
For Sims3Pack files:
1. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
2. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Find the item in the list and tick the box beside it. Then press the Install button below the list.
3. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the content to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
4. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.
Need more help?
If you need more info, see:
For a full list of packs with names, see the Packs Needed popup.