Uploaded 12th Mar 2015 at 1:38 AM · Updated 12th Mar 2015 at 7:23 PM by porkypine
The stencils were made by me. I used Create a Pattern to make them so they are in Sims3packs. The background can be any color you want. The stencils were designed to be white on any color background. It is possible to slightly alter some of the stencil colors but not effectively - you'll get weird colors on some of the stencils - so don't try. The stencils were designed to stay white on whatever background color you want.
You'll find these under "Fabric."
Create a Pattern
In-Game Category: Fabric
Size: 181.7 KB · Downloads: 2,794 · 12th Mar 2015
|181.7 KB||2,794||12th Mar 2015|
Size: 139.8 KB · Downloads: 2,994 · 12th Mar 2015
|139.8 KB||2,994||12th Mar 2015|
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file. Now you will have either a .package or a .sims3pack file.
For Package files:
1. Cut and paste the file into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages folder. If you do not already have this folder, you should read the full guide to Package files first: Sims 3:Installing Package Fileswiki, so you can make sure your game is fully patched and you have the correct Resource.cfg file.
2. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
For Sims3Pack files:
1. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
2. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Find the item in the list and tick the box beside it. Then press the Install button below the list.
3. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the content to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
4. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.
Need more help?
If you need more info, see:
Mashed Meshes Policy
With the above thought process in mind , I have decided that any and ALL of my meshes may be packaged along with any recolors that people make, or it can be published at their site as the MESH download of a recolor. The only string attached is that the recolors of my meshes must remain totally free. You can put them in a free download section of a paid site but they can't be a gift for a donation. After all, you got the mesh for free and you wouldn't have been able to make your garment without the mesh.
And, if someone wants to 'steal' my stuff and take credit for it... well, they have to answer to a higher authority for it.
You may include any meshes I create in your uploads as long as you give me credit. :0) Send me a PM so I can see what you've done. :0)
Added: Since I know how much work goes into creating meshes from scratch, you can use any of my meshes as a starting point and add your own stuff to it or change things on it, as long as you take responsibility for the changes to the mesh and DO NOT CHARGE for it. :D
P.S. By all means, if one of my creations is BORKED and you can fix it, please do so. I am a busy person and can't get around to fixing game things all the time and I'd appreciate it if you'd send me a pm with a link to the fixed item. :0)
NOTES FOR SIMS 4 MESHES: Jan 18-2015
I'm learning how to make Sims 4 meshes. Please note that Sims 4 object recolors pack the original as well as the modified mesh along with the recolor. Until that is fixed, (if anyone is interested in doing so) I will only allow recolors of my meshes if they stay here at MTS where I can track them down. The reason for that is if EA makes a change that breaks a mesh, the people who've made recolors need to remake their recolors so it can be packaged with the updated mesh. Sorry, This is a design issue made by EA. This may change later if EA makes a change.