UPDATE - Under Counter Pet Bed (16-10-22)
Updated: 16th Oct 2022 at 8:31 PM
Fixed GUID issues I had, the GUIDs now match the original. Many apologies!
So my original bed was very broken. It was 2 tiles, it didn't have a working dirty state and even worse it wasn't slaved to the original maxis bed nor would the counter above it be usable! (yikes)
I have fixed all of those now, it is now a 1 tile bed slaved to the original (so that your recolours work), fits snuggly without the need for setquartertileplacement, and the counter above it is now usable. Please redownload. It has the same GUID as the original, but may need re-placing if you've used it in your houses as it is now one tile not two! I really hope you all enjoy this, I'm very happy that after 4 years I've managed to fix this bed.
Hey, everyone. Me again!
Around a year ago, I was watching TV and saw an advert for a kitchen. This kitchen had a pet bed underneath the counter and I was in love with the idea. I tried having a go with making one with the vanilla bed, but annoyingly, it clipped all over the place and the back of my wall was covered in vines just to hide it. I bit the bullet and kept it. I've wanted to start meshing for a while, so on a whim, I've decided to create one for myself as my first mesh and after it being wanted, I've decided to upload it.
...even better? It fits all pets!
The mesh is a smaller edit of the vanilla pet bed and is a pretty simple edit, originally designed to fit under the KitchenBasic small counter but testing with vanilla, it works well as well (it sticks out a tad but is not awful). I do recommend, regardless, the KitchenBasic set to use this, but the vanilla open underneath counter works well, too.
The bed can be found in buy mode under Misc/Pets for $140. (Cheaper than the original bed because it's smaller )
- Sticks out a bit on some counters.
- Not exactly an issue but you need setQuarterTilePlacement or snapobjectstogrid false to place this bed.
- The counter with the bed under is unusable, trying to come up with a fix for this currently. Hold in tight!
If you find any issues with the counter, please please do not hesitate to PM me or reply to this thread! I do not want to send out any issues with this mesh.
Thanks for checking it out!
JWoods's Sims 2 start to finish Object Creation Tutorial.
boblishman's tutorial for creating an accurate shadow
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
| Quick update 16-10-22
Size: 46.4 KB · Downloads: 4,814 · 16th Oct 2022
|46.4 KB||4,814||16th Oct 2022|
|For a detailed look at individual files, see the Information tab.|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
For a full list of packs with names, see the Packs Needed popup.