Photos Overhaul (Get Rid of Frame, Pin to Corkboard & Polaroid Look)
Uploaded 10th Mar 2020 at 7:41 PM · Updated 22nd Mar 2020 at 12:35 AM by zanazu : update of the files
While I'm still fighting with issues described below, I finally found time to at least make some changes that were requested in the comments:
- fixed the missing tags I got rid of before by accident
- added frameless medium and large photos
- simplified the files a bit, since I found an easier way of applying some changes
You know how sometimes you want to make a collage of your sim's photos on a wall, but the"remove frame" look STILL has a sort-of a frame? Sometimes I want to decorate a teenager's room with photos they took and let's be real - not many teenagers would put every single one of their photos in passepartout and behind glass. I just want it to look like they simply taped it to a wall!
This mod overrides the basic photo files - meaning that it changes the behaviour of the "remove frame" option from the pie menu to actually removing the frame and everything else surrounding the photo itself. As long as this mod is in your mods folder you won't have access to the original look (passepartout and glass).
For some reason changing the meshes messed with the ability to place photos on flat surfaces like tables and shelves. Additionaly, some of the frame swatches dissapeared and the remainig three (black, white and dark brown) switched places in the menu and overrode the missing ones. You can still use them, but keep in mind that those issues exist for now (I intend to try and fix them in the future).
The second change this mod introduces is the ability to pin small photos to the corkboard meant for collecting postcards. Both photos and postcards can now be pinned to it. Photos now copy the behaviour of postcards, so you just need to drag them to the board. I recommend using the bb.moveobjects cheat for more slots, because the photos don't want to snap to all of them otherwise.
Last but not least, you can choose the version of the mod that swaps the standard small portrait (vertical) photo to one that looks like a polaroid. Keep in mind that that would change all small vertical photos to this look so I added that as an optional file if this is something you're interested in.
The download folder contains seven files:
- landscapeSmall.package is responsible for mesh and tuning modifications to small landscape photos
- landscapeMedium.package, landscapeLarge.package, portraitMedium.package and portraitLarge.package change only the meshes for the corresponding objects
- portraitSmall.package inside "smallPortrait-chooseOne" folder is the standard version of the small portrait photo (mesh and tuning)
- portraitSmall_polaroid.package inside "smallPortrait-chooseOne" folder is the version of the portrait photo that's stylized like a polaroid (mesh and tuning)
If you want all the standard features you shoud put all the files from the first three points and ONLY ONE of the last two files in your mods folder (delete the other one!).
You can, however customize the mod a bit. For example you could choose only one of the files and have the other orientation completely unchanged.
New Meshes Polygon Counts
|File||Geometry State||LOD 0||LOD 1||Shadow LOD 0||Shadow LOD 1|
landscapeSmall.package modifies tuning file objectSet_Photo_Small_Landscape and object_Photo_LandscapeSmall
portraitSmall.package and portraitSmall_polaroid.package modify tuning files objectSet_Photo_Small_Portrait and object_Photo_PortraitSmall
Any mods modyfying those tuning files will conflict with this mod.
Sims 4 Studio
|Filename||landscapeLarge.package (inside zanazu_photosOverhaul.zip)|
|Filename||landscapeMedium.package (inside zanazu_photosOverhaul.zip)|
|Filename||portraitLarge.package (inside zanazu_photosOverhaul.zip)|
|Filename||portraitMedium.package (inside zanazu_photosOverhaul.zip)|
This download has specific instructions!
Only choose one of the files in the folder "smallPortrait-chooseOne": portraitSmall or portraitSmall_polaroid. Delete the other from your mods folder.
Size: 1.25 MB · Downloads: 28,604 · 22nd Mar 2020
|1.25 MB||28,604||22nd Mar 2020|
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the File tab to see the download link. Click the link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
Read the upload description for installation instructions. If nothing else is specified, do the following:
2. Extract: Use(Windows) to extract the .package file(s) (if included, ts4script as well) from the .rar or .zip file(s).
3. Cut and paste the .package file(s) (if included, ts4script as well) into your Mods folder
- Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\
- Windows Vista/7/8/8.1: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\
Need more information?
- Anyone can use both .rar and .zip files easily! On Windows, use WinRAR.
- If you don't have a Mods folder, just make one.
- Mod still not working? Make sure you have script mods enabled