Vivid Waters II - 7 New Fountains With Improved Animations NO EP
Uploaded 14th Dec 2008 at 5:37 PM · Updated 2nd Jun 2013 at 1:48 AM by HugeLunatic
Please don't think that I'm running out of ideas as all included meshes are either completely new and redesigned interpretations of the 5 old themes or one new style. I don't want to beat around the bush any longer and so here's a short list with the improvements from Vivid waters I to II:
- much more realistic animations, not just flickering white points
- more detailed textures and better UV-mapping so the fountains are easier to recolor and retexture by others now
- more elaborate meshes
- most of them now fit the squares better and won't touch walls
- two additional styles
Here's a video that despite of the poor quality may give you an impression of the animations.
Of course that doesn't mean that version I will be removed. The older meshes have smaller file sizes and probably you'' liked the meshes before the redesign better. The new files won't overwrite Vivid Waters I.
Chania is the new version of my Mediterranean amphora fountain. It feautures a beautiful ancient terracotta vase placed on a rock and some fresh green water plants.
Antequera is the successor of the old marble fountain which was, to tell the truth, rather a testing object. This is certainly not true for this one with its decorative stone ornaments.
Kyoto is not so different from the old bamboo fountain but now has two flowers floating on the water and some fern for a more natural look. A recolor without fern and moss is included.
Stockholm is one of the new styles, a contemporary rock waterfall with a minimalist basin and afresh green plant.
Témara is the second fountain without counterpart in version I. It was inspired by traditional oriental wall fountains with their nice colorful ceramic tiles.
Cambridge is the name of my plaza fountain, you can find similar ones in many european cities. The lion gargoyles and owl ornaments are symbols for bravery and wisdom. Sandstone and marble are both included.
Paviken is the new wooden fountain. The fresh water gushes out of a source rock into the simple wooden bowl. It fits medieval, fantasy, rural and many other lots.
I really hope that you like them and if so don't forget to hit the thanks button . Recolors posted here on MTS are always welcome as well as on other free sites but please don't forget to link back here for the meshes!
Numenor for the BGS
Maylin who helped me when the inside of my mesh was turned outside
Antique: Antique or Historical
Fantasy: Fantasy styled things
Living: Living Room
Tags: #fountain, #waterfall, #cascade, #basin, #basegame fountain, #basegame fountains, #basegame, #outdoor, #park, #garden, #castle, #medieval, #farm, #rural, #morrocan, #spa, #pool, #pool waterfall, #roman, #asian, #japanese, #oriental, #viking
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
Too much information to load! Please check each package file individually inside the Downloads tab!
Size: 746.6 KB · Downloads: 17,596 · 14th Dec 2008
|746.6 KB||17,596||14th Dec 2008|
Size: 765.7 KB · Downloads: 26,084 · 14th Dec 2008
|765.7 KB||26,084||14th Dec 2008|
Size: 744.5 KB · Downloads: 20,059 · 14th Dec 2008
|744.5 KB||20,059||14th Dec 2008|
Size: 1.07 MB · Downloads: 23,316 · 14th Dec 2008
|1.07 MB||23,316||14th Dec 2008|
Size: 981.8 KB · Downloads: 23,926 · 14th Dec 2008
|981.8 KB||23,926||14th Dec 2008|
Size: 1.14 MB · Downloads: 23,203 · 14th Dec 2008
|1.14 MB||23,203||14th Dec 2008|
Size: 915.3 KB · Downloads: 24,669 · 14th Dec 2008
|915.3 KB||24,669||14th Dec 2008|
Size: 6.26 MB · Downloads: 101,566 · 14th Dec 2008
|6.26 MB||101,566||14th Dec 2008|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
-Good recolors are always welcome but please link back to my mesh.
-You can include all my meshes in lots but only if you upload them on 100% free sites.
-I always appreciate to see what you have made out of my content. So if you use it in a story, video or other work I'd be pleased to see the result. (That's of course not a must.)
And - N E V E R - use my creations to support the doubtable machinations of thesimsresource in any way. Thanks.
- I DON'T take requests -
Sorry, too busy at the moment.