Fifteen Maxis Match Bulletin Boards for Every Taste
Updated: 20th Oct 2009 at 4:28 PM
I love the Stick 'em Up Bulletin Board from the University EP, so I've searched for recolors for it everywhere, because the two options provided by Maxis are not enough when you're trying to decorate a school or a dorm.
Although I found some neat recolors around the web, I wanted some that matched the original boards, with all those cute little pictures, trinkets and simlish font, so I decided to make my own.
Lack of time and other projects made me forget about this idea until a couple days ago, when a bad case of insomnia had me browsing through some tutorials and fooling around with SimPE. And that's when I discovered that I could extract literally all the pictures and illustrations I wanted from the original games.
One night and 300 extracted pictures later, which were then sorted, cropped and resized according my needs, here are fifteen new options for your dorms, schools, studios and any other place where you'd like to place a bulletin board.
I've had a bulletin board for almost all my life, and on it I've pasted posters, stickers, postcards, newspaper adds, bits of paper... everything. And I followed that mentality while I chose the designs for these recolors. You can take a close look at them on the pictures I uploaded, of course.
All my files are clearly labeled, so you can choose which ones you want to keep at any time.
I hope you like them .
Childrens: Childs furniture or objects
Sci-Fi: Science Fiction
Maxis Match Stick 'em Up Bulletin Recolors Simgaroop.rar
| 15 Maxis Match Recolors of the University Stick 'em Up Bulletin Board
Size: 1.23 MB · Downloads: 38,396 · 20th Apr 2009
|1.23 MB||38,396||20th Apr 2009|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64:
/Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
Need more information?
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
The creator also recommends the following uploads:
I'm Simgaroop, from Mexico. I've been playing the Sims for almost three years and I'm still amazed by its immense creative potential. There's so much you can do with it besides playing the game as it is, that I'm still not done exploring all the options from the EPs, and I don't think I will for a very long time.
I recently opened a site, Simlish Creations.
You can visit it here:
Nice to meet you and thanks for your visit!