Build Set - DIY Railings
The set consists of 3 railings made to match my set.
|Name||Catalog location||Price||Polycount||Channels||Presets||Matches with fence|
|Basic Railing 1||Build - stairs and railings - railings||o||594/302||3||1||Basic Fence 2|
|Basic Railing 2||Build - stairs and railings - railings||o||442/236||3||1||Basic Fence Horizontal 1|
|Basic Railing 3||Build - stairs and railings - railings||o||634/332||3||1||Basic Fence Horizontal 4|
There are two files to download.
armiel_Build set - DIY railings has all the railings. Since the files are so small I put them all into one rar. If you don't want some, simply delete them, or do not extract them.
armiel_Build Set - DIY_textures2 has all the textures for the files and they will not work without them. So make sure you get the textures! (Please see lines right below for the case you don't need to download these!)
All railings are texture linked to my original items, so if you have armiel_Build Set - DIY_textures2 already, you will not need to download it again here (it would just overwrite the files).
Basic railing 1 will not look pretty on frieze height stairs. This is something I can't fix without altering the fence too (since I want them to match), and that I won't do. The other railings work just fine on frieze height stairs.
Lee, thanks for testing and opinions
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
armiel_Build Set - DIY_textures2.rar
Size: 4.0 KB · Downloads: 9,793 · 16th Jan 2012
|4.0 KB||9,793||16th Jan 2012|
armiel_Build set - DIY railings.rar
Size: 73.6 KB · Downloads: 11,864 · 16th Jan 2012
|73.6 KB||11,864||16th Jan 2012|
|For a detailed look at individual files, see the Information tab.|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file. Now you will have either a .package or a .sims3pack file.
For Package files:
1. Cut and paste the file into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages folder. If you do not already have this folder, you should read the full guide to Package files first: Sims 3:Installing Package Fileswiki, so you can make sure your game is fully patched and you have the correct Resource.cfg file.
2. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
For Sims3Pack files:
1. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
2. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Find the item in the list and tick the box beside it. Then press the Install button below the list.
3. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the content to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
4. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.
Need more help?
If you need more info, see:
None, this is Sims 3 base game compatible!
I have retired from simming. This means I won't be supporting my uploads anymore.
Please take this into consideration:
My uploads have a date when they have been uploaded. If I have fixed something later, I have stated so in the post. If something is currently broken, it stays that way, unless you bother on fixing it yourself. :)
Policy regarding my uploads:
You may rip off, tear apart, re-use and destroy my content in any way you feel necessary. You have been given a permission right here and now.
Please do not however re-upload my content as is, and claim it as your own.
Please also notice, that my content is made to be free - do not include it in uploads that require submission, or paysites in general, thanks.
If you do use my work, a credit would be nice, but sure is not required. :)
Thanks for your time for reading this, for possibly using my creations, and for being generally awesome!