University Life "Beanie" Hairstyle For All Ages and Genders
Updated: 16th Mar 2013 at 4:44 PM
This is not a simple re-categorization. I edited the mesh for the missing age groups. Toddlers and children have smaller beanies due to their smaller size. So there should be no worries about oversize hats on your sim children.
I only worked on the missing age groups and genders, leaving the original untouched. The male teen-elder age groups are not shown because they are already included in University Life. This is not a replacement.
Although the mesh was edited, the hairstyle follows EA's orginal colour channels (4 for the hair, 2 for the hat). This hair is properly binned and will show up in the hair with accessories category in CAS. It's also packaged with the same three presets.
Note that this hair currently does require the University Life expansion.
I have included 4 different options for downloads.
- Female Teen-YA only
- Children only (includes both genders)
- Toddlers only (includes both genders)
- All Ages
Whiterider, for answering all my newbie questions.
The creators in MTS Creation Chat, for all the support and advice. Paint Shop Pro
*Also, the model for this hair is wearing the "RealiSIM Oval Glasses Conversion" by Kiara24. They can be found in the downloads section of this website.
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
| Only toddlers (both genders)
Size: 2.05 MB · Downloads: 2,508 · 16th Mar 2013
|2.05 MB||2,508||16th Mar 2013|
| Female Teen-Elder
Size: 2.03 MB · Downloads: 5,651 · 16th Mar 2013
|2.03 MB||5,651||16th Mar 2013|
| Only children (both genders)
Size: 2.05 MB · Downloads: 2,626 · 16th Mar 2013
|2.05 MB||2,626||16th Mar 2013|
| All of the hairs in one package
Size: 6.13 MB · Downloads: 25,921 · 16th Mar 2013
|6.13 MB||25,921||16th Mar 2013|
|For a detailed look at individual files, see the Information tab.|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file. Now you will have either a .package or a .sims3pack file.
For Package files:
1. Cut and paste the file into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages folder. If you do not already have this folder, you should read the full guide to Package files first: Sims 3:Installing Package Fileswiki, so you can make sure your game is fully patched and you have the correct Resource.cfg file.
2. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
For Sims3Pack files:
1. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
2. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Find the item in the list and tick the box beside it. Then press the Install button below the list.
3. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the content to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
4. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.
Need more help?
If you need more info, see: