Island Counter Desks
Updated: 12th Mar 2015 at 8:37 PM
Island Counter Desks
Here are three objects you can use in conjunction with an island counter and barstool that lets the counterspace work like a desk. They're not perfect but they add some cute gameplay opportunities and my kitchens are a bit more active with a desk or two in them for Sims to use.
- Island Counter Chair - Surfaces/Desks $0
- Island Counter Desk - Surfaces/Desks $0
- Island Counter Slot Blocker - Surfaces/Desks $0 (Sized tiny so it doesn't cover bills and homework.)
- Works with any barstool and island counter combination including custom content.
- Make All Visible option for easy removal or adjustments.
- Basegame Compatible
Placement (placement video)
The move objects on cheat is required for placement! (Not allowing intersection on these prevents two Sims from using the chair template and barstool at the same time.)
1. Place the slot blocker on the counter.
2. Place the desk over the counter.
3. Place a barstool on the chair OMSP.
Once everything is in place and working use the design tool to make everything invisible.
The animations are not the best. (See video) The barstools use chair animations so getting on and off of the barstools is noticeably off. The child animations are particularly bad getting off of the stool. Feet and legs also clip into the counters. Using barstool animations for the chair template created a different set of problems. The animations were out of sync which was more jaring (barstools moving by themselves etc.) so this is as good as I can do and the final version.
Photo Credits: Super cute iSim Tablet by MLC
Chair 12 | Desk 36 | Slot Blocker 12
SimPE, Milkshape and special thanks to julsfes for allowing me to use her visible/invisible BHAVs from her wonderful OMSP Controller.
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
|Filename||HW_islandChair.package (inside HW_islandDesk.zip)|
|Title||Island Counter Chair|
|Description||Use in combination with any barstool to create a functioning chair at barstool height. Placement requires the move objects cheat on cheat. (Ctrl+Shift+C moveObjects on) Honeywell MTS|
|Filename||HW_islandSlotBlocker.package (inside HW_islandDesk.zip)|
|Title||Island Counter Slot Blocker|
|Description||Use: Place the red cube on any counter with an Island Counter Desk to prevent Sims from autonomously using the counter space for food prep. Honeywell MTS|
Size: 37.7 KB · Downloads: 5,123 · 8th Mar 2015
|37.7 KB||5,123||8th Mar 2015|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.