Maxis "Lost & Found" Paintings
Updated: 23rd Nov 2022 at 1:13 AM
I removed the redundant recolour and fixed the description accordingly. There is no need to redownload. For those who downloaded the orange version of Albert's Discordia: HugeLunatic fixed the CEP-Extra that caused it to disappear. So you can get that one instead and delete my recolour.
First things first, the group picture with the Grim Reaper was not found by me, but by Numenor.
It is one of my favourite Lost & Found objects to date because the Grim Reaper doing bunny ears for a photo is quite hilarious to me. In Numenor's upload this picture is part of a whole group of picture frames. And because sometimes I would like to hang the Grim Reaper picture separately from the others I made a recolour for an existing Maxis mesh.
Rue de Fleur by Claude MagnusThen I found unused textures in the game files for
Buy Mode \ Decorative \ Wall Hangings (§2'250)
Kitchen and Bath Stuff is required
Poisonous Forest (In Love with a Curse)Edit (2022-09-18): Now you may wonder what that third painting is doing in the previews. To sum up: A CEP-Extra made the orange version of the painting Albert's Discordia disappear, I then "found" that orange version in the game files and wrongly identified it as a Lost & Found texture. In the end, HugeLunatic identified the problem and fixed it, you can find the fixed CEP-Extra here.
Buy Mode \ Decorative \ Wall Hangings (§5'500)
Many thanks to CatherineTCJD, greywolf3, simsample, and of course HugeLunatic for all their help with this!
For the sake of completeness I hid the original description (and its edits) for the Albert's Discordia Painting behind a spoiler tag instead of just deleting it.
Buy Mode \ Decorative \ Wall Hangings (§1'400)
Apartment Life is required
If these have been found and uploaded before, I'm really sorry. It wasn't my intention to steal anyone's findings. I did google and looked through Pinterest boards to see whether they've been done before but I couldn't find anything. However, searching for Sims CC on the internet isn't always straightforward, so it's very likely that I've overlooked something.
Files have been compressorized.
- Numenor for finding and uploading the Grouped Photos from CAS and all the other numerous Lost & Found items
- HugeLunatic for pointing me to where in the game files the image files can be found
- Nopke for the No Pause Frame mod
- The creators of SimPE and CEP
- jfade for The Compressorizer
- Maxis and EA for the game in general and especially for the textures I used
Living: Living Room
Dining: Dining Room
Unlocked: Unlocked Maxis Content
Tags: #Decorative, #Grim Reaper, #Hidden, #Maxis Lost & Found, #Maxis Lost and Found, #Maxis Match, #Painting, #Recolor, #Recolour, #Wall Hanging, #Rue de Fleur by Claude Magnus, #Poisonous Forest (In Love with a Curse)
|Kitchen & Bath|
Size: 184.6 KB · Downloads: 163 · 18th Sep 2022
|184.6 KB||163||18th Sep 2022|
Size: 80.6 KB · Downloads: 34 · 16th Sep 2022
|80.6 KB||34||16th Sep 2022|
Size: 104.1 KB · Downloads: 37 · 16th Sep 2022
|104.1 KB||37||16th Sep 2022|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64:
/Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
Need more information?
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
I would also be happy if you message me about your creation because I would love to check it out.