"Gaius" Hair for Males (Adult/Elder)
Updated: 2nd Jul 2013 at 7:54 PM
Click the linked pic below for a bigger view.
It is available for adult and elder ONLY: due to the way the original recolour file I had to use is set up (with only the right number of layers for adult/elder) I was not able to do it for any more without a LOT of headaches. Please don't request it for other ages. I can't stand adding layers.
Elders will have the same hair colour as adults. All of the included colours except white (black, dark brown, light brown, blonde, platinum blonde, and red) are in the genetic hair bins like Maxis hairs, and have the correct eyebrow colours; white shows up under custom and has blonde brows by default. The poly count is pretty darn low: 1012 polygons, 718 vertices.
I don't think there are any problems with it from my testing... it clips a little bit into the back of the neck if the sim's got their head tilted up very far, or into big collars, but it's not really noticeable.
Please don't comment if you're just going to request something: I don't take requests unless otherwise noted.
Model Credits: (if anyone cares)
Eyes: Mine (unreleased)
Brows: Mine (unreleased)
Model: Mine (Corvus - isn't he beautiful?)
- Tiggerypum, for being my sanity and a constant help.
- Wes_h, for the Unimesh plugins for Milkshape, used in the creation of this mesh.
- Dr Pixel, for all kinds of various bits of useful meshing info that have helped me along the way.
- LyricLee, for being understanding and putting up with being put off: I swear as soon as Six and Gaius are done (and they're almost done... this just went a lot quicker and easier than I was expecting), I'm making your pixel boy's hair, or you can bannimofocate my bu-mahogy butt, okay?
- MTS2, the rest of the staff, and Delphy, for creating a such a fantastic place to learn and share information, so I could figure out how to do cool stuff like this.
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
Size: 7.45 MB · Downloads: 237,621 · 22nd Jun 2006
|7.45 MB||237,621||22nd Jun 2006|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.