Nursery Match Curtains - 3 Styles
Updated: 30th Aug 2008 at 7:39 PM - updated filters and keywords
I've created 3 styles of curtains based off of Maxis meshes. The only real changes I made to these meshes was to redo the UV mapping so it would work with the crib bedding texture. The exception to this is on the cafe curtains, where I did tweak the mesh geometry a bit to try to correct a problem I saw with the Maxis mesh where it intersects with the window sill on some of the windows. All will work on both straight and diagonal walls. The styles I've created are as follows:
Cafe Curtain - based on the Stewart Mourning Cafe Curtain
Victoriana Curtain - based on the Cornerstone Victoriana Velvet Curtain
Veil of Dreams - based on the short Veil of Dreams curtain which has always been one of my favorites
All of these curtains use the repository technique and will pull their textures from the Maxis crib bedding. Any custom recolors you have for the bedding will show up for them as well, and to recolor the curtains, simply recolor the crib bedding. All of the Maxis textures map out acceptably well on these curtains, though results may vary with any custom recolors you have.
I'd love to hear feedback on these curtains, and if you like them and decide to download them, thanks are always nice as well. Please do not reupload them as-is to any site, either with or without credit. You are, however, welcome to include them in any lots you upload to MTS2 (by preference) or any other free site so long as you give credit and a link back to this post. No pay sites or Exchange please.
All polygon counts are the same as the Maxis meshes they were cloned from.
* MsBarrows for her excellent, and easy to follow tutorial on the repository technique.
* Numenor for his article on how to Link Straight and Diagonal Meshes, without which I'd never have known how to get these to work for diagonal walls.
* Various other authors for their tutorials on object creation and meshing.
* And, of course, the makers of and Milkshape for giving us the tools to do these kinds of things with.
Note: The wallpaper and carpet shown in the pictures are part of my Maxis Match Nursery Wallpapers and Carpets set.
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
Size: 64.6 KB · Downloads: 1,677 · 8th Oct 2007
|64.6 KB||1,677||8th Oct 2007|
Size: 100.7 KB · Downloads: 1,759 · 8th Oct 2007
|100.7 KB||1,759||8th Oct 2007|
Size: 66.9 KB · Downloads: 1,754 · 8th Oct 2007
|66.9 KB||1,754||8th Oct 2007|
|For a detailed look at individual files, see the Information tab.|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.