Photos & Plaques hide with walls down
Updated: 14th Mar 2009 at 8:47 PM - Restored missing attachment
These mods are a sort of "extension" of my earlier "Diplomas go down with walls". Just like Diplomas, photos and plaques (see below for details) are purely decorative objects that sims don't need to interact with; and therefore, having them visible all the time, even when the walls are down, is useless and annoying.
DESCRIPTION and GAME REQUIREMENTS
This is a set of Object Mods that force the following objects to hide when walls are down:
- UNI Photos (created with the Antique Camera) -------------------> Requires UNIVERSITY
- NL Photobooth Pix (created using the Photo booth) ---------------> Requires NIGHTLIFE
- BV Vacation Photos (created using the "Order Print" feature) -----> Requires BON VOYAGE
- FT Hobby Plaques (assigned when the sim maxes out an interest) -> Requires FREETIME
After installing one or more of these mods, the corresponding photos/plaques will hide when walls are down (as opposite to the default Maxis behaviour, that forces them to be always visible, hung to the thin air).
IMPORTANT: only the photos/plaques created after installing the mods will be affected! The objects already hung on the walls must be "reset" using one of the following methods:
- Method 1 - Pick the photo/plaque from the wall and put it in the sim's inventory; then pick them from the inventory and place it again on the wall.
- Method 2 (if #1 doesn't work) - Activate the testing cheats (boolProp testingCheatsEnabled true), then hold down the Shift key and click on the photo/plaque; choose "Force Error"; in the error window, click "Reset". When finished, deactivate the testing cheats (boolProp testingCheatsEnabled false).
Object Mods: Object Interaction Mods (things that change how sims interact with objects or their environment, like "Multi-owner door" or "sunbathe anywhere")
| FREETIME required
Size: 360 Bytes · Downloads: 11,536 · 22nd Feb 2009
|360 Bytes||11,536||22nd Feb 2009|
| BON VOYAGE required
Size: 317 Bytes · Downloads: 9,051 · 22nd Feb 2009
|317 Bytes||9,051||22nd Feb 2009|
| NIGHTLIFE required
Size: 322 Bytes · Downloads: 10,624 · 22nd Feb 2009
|322 Bytes||10,624||22nd Feb 2009|
| UNIVERSITY required
Size: 294 Bytes · Downloads: 10,842 · 22nd Feb 2009
|294 Bytes||10,842||22nd Feb 2009|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
by Lord Darcy
by Lord Darcy
by Lord Darcy
The creator also recommends the following uploads:
Redistribution Policy and License Agreement
It's FORBIDDEN: to repost my stuff anywhere.
It's FORBIDDEN: to clone my creations.
It's ALLOWED: to create recolours for my objects (and post them on any site, including paysites), BUT you can't include the mesh in your recolour: you must give credits to me for the mesh, and provide a link to the mesh download thread.
It's ALLOWED: to include my creations in your lots, BUT the lots must be uploaded on free sites (except the Exchange), and you must provide credits and a link to the download thread.