Men's recolourable trenchcoat outfit - Adult and Young Adult
Updated: 27th May 2013 at 2:53 PM - Just slight changes to text
UPDATE April 2010: NewOne has now made some very nice retextures of this mesh, 3 Mens Trenchcoat Outfits & Graphic Tees For Males (YA/A) - check them out, they look great!
One of the many unpleasant surprises I found when I first got The Sims 3 was that there were no trenchcoat, overcoat or long jacket outfits for men as there were in The Sims 2, making it impossible to re-create many of the characters I'd simmed in TS2. I didn't really find the Mandarin coat in the EA Store a good substitute, and they now have a Steampunk long-coated outfit for men on the Store, but as much as I like Steampunk, I didn't really want all my male sims to look like something out of the Victorian era either.
Here is just a straightforward, versatile trenchcoat mesh to hopefully fill the gap for some of your sims. It has three recolourable areas: jacket, shirt and trousers. The shirt is a crew-neck style which can be used for T-shirts or sweaters.
It will appear all in grey in CAS, and you can then recolour or pattern it any way you like. It's for Adults and Young Adults, and is enabled for both Everyday and Formal.
A few examples: leather jacket and casual denims, macho camo outfit, and not so macho flowery 60s style gear.
For a look in-game, our handsome model is wearing a fetching snakeskin jacket over a black T-shirt and trousers ensemble:
Made using the wonderful and versatile CTU: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=364926
Unzip the .zip file, and copy the .package file to your Mods\Packages folder. If you don't have a Mods\Packages folder and/or don't know how to install .package files, please see full instructions here: http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...g_Package_Files
Thank you for looking, hope you'll find this a useful outfit.
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
Size: 606.0 KB · Downloads: 61,931 · 3rd Nov 2009
|606.0 KB||61,931||3rd Nov 2009|
|For a detailed look at individual files, see the Information tab.|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file. Now you will have either a .package or a .sims3pack file.
For Package files:
1. Cut and paste the file into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages folder. If you do not already have this folder, you should read the full guide to Package files first: Sims 3:Installing Package Fileswiki, so you can make sure your game is fully patched and you have the correct Resource.cfg file.
2. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
For Sims3Pack files:
1. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
2. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Find the item in the list and tick the box beside it. Then press the Install button below the list.
3. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the content to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
4. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.
Need more help?
If you need more info, see:
I'm pretty easygoing, please just don't steal or copy my work.
You may recolour my meshes, just please credit me and give a link back here to the item(s).
You may include my creations with your sims, lots, storytelling, etc - just please credit me and give a link back here to my item(s).
Don't claim my creations to be your own work.
Don't re-upload my stuff to The Gallery, paysites, adfly sites, or any other commercial sites.