s3lc (Language Changer)
Uploaded 2nd Nov 2010 at 8:30 PM · Updated 27th Nov 2013 at 2:56 PM by Nysha
I made this a while ago, and decided to share in case anyone wants.
It's a rather simple application written in C#, in which its purpose is to change the default game language easily.
Since the application will try to write registry entries it's recommended you are logged in with a high privilege account.
- .NET Framework v2.0 | Or grab the latest v4.0
Extract the executable with WinRar or 7Zip.
Run the executable to change the default language.
Close the application to save the changes.
- v22.214.171.124 (2011-01-13)
- Improved flow while Populating Flags
- Added New Languages
- Chinese (China)
- Chinese (Taiwan)
- Spanish (Europe)
- Spanish (Latin America)
- v126.96.36.199 (2010-12-20)
- Languages auto-load by SKU
- Implemented Update Check (SVN)
- Moved Settings ROOT
- Added New Setting:
- Check for Updates
- v188.8.131.52 (2010-11-02)
- Fixed Language Name (Danish)
- v184.108.40.206 (2010-10-30)
- First build
Hope you find good use for it.
| Tool executable [v220.127.116.11] (Last Version)
Size: 101.9 KB · Downloads: 44,662 · 14th Jan 2011
|101.9 KB||44,662||14th Jan 2011|
| Tool Executable [v18.104.22.168]
Size: 101.5 KB · Downloads: 9,095 · 26th Dec 2010
|101.5 KB||9,095||26th Dec 2010|
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file. Now you will have either a .package or a .sims3pack file.
For Package files:
1. Cut and paste the file into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages folder. If you do not already have this folder, you should read the full guide to Package files first: Sims 3:Installing Package Fileswiki, so you can make sure your game is fully patched and you have the correct Resource.cfg file.
2. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
For Sims3Pack files:
1. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
2. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Find the item in the list and tick the box beside it. Then press the Install button below the list.
3. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the content to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
4. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.
Need more help?
If you need more info, see:
by CTU Team