Invisible One Tile Pet Bed for use with Maxis Pet Beds
Uploaded 13th Jan 2014 at 12:41 AM · Updated 26th Nov 2020 at 6:54 AM by Charity
I finally got the idea to make an invisible recolour of Paladin's one tile pet bed and slip it in under the Maxis two tile beds, so it looked like two pets were sharing the same bed.
The pets do clip a bit, especially at the back, but I think the cuteness factor makes up for that.
Edit: I added a picture of a toddler and cat sleeping together. I had forgotten that toddlers could get in the pet beds as well until one of mine reminded me by snuggling in with the dog. As the one tile pet beds aren't toddler enabled they have to be the one sleeping in the Maxis bed.
What I did was use 'moveobjects on' to slip two one tile beds under a two tile bed, then used 'boolprop controlpets on' to get my pets to get on the beds. I then used 'boolprop snapobjectstogrid false' to position the one tile beds so that the pets looked natural. After that I just left them to it.
I did end up with a few literal dog piles, as the Maxis bed was still usable and unless it's 3 puppies/kittens 3 animals really don't fit. One of my cats was totally buried under a big dog lol. You can make a clone of the Maxis beds and remove the interactions from it if you want to avoid this.
You will need to get the original one tile pet bed mesh from https://web.archive.org/web/2016041...imwardrobe.com/
Sims 2 - Objects - Pet Beds - Pet Bed Round Pillow
The bed may look deep black in the catalogue, but it's invisible when placed.
Thank you very much to Paladin for allowing recolours of his one tile pet beds.
Thanks to lauratje86 and Peni Griffin who suggested that these would be worth uploading.
invisible pet bed.rar
Size: 1.5 KB · Downloads: 4,011 · 13th Jan 2014
|1.5 KB||4,011||13th Jan 2014|
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
Meshes neededThis download requires one or more meshes to work properly. Please check the Description tab for information about the meshes needed, then download them below:
|MTS cannot guarantee any off-site links will be available|
|https://web.archive.org/web/20160411141935/simwardrobe.com/ (non-MTS link)|