A Winter Walk
Updated: 12th Nov 2014 at 12:58 AM
When I actually got a look at the mesh, though, there were a few problems. The cuffs did a weird stretching thing over the Sim's wrists, so I fixed that (the hands will poke through the cuffs now at certain extreme angles, but I think it looks better than having the cuffs stretch all out of shape). There was no fat morph, so I had to make one of those. And, worst of all, when the Sim sat down, something in her lap rose up into a point! That didn't seem very appropriate, so I did my best to fix it. The animation looks a little sharp when the Sim walks now... but it's better than having that other problem.
Then I made my Sims some new colours for their coats. I went with darker colours, because these seem like wintry outerwear. The coats come in forest, navy, red, black, brown, and grey. I paired the coats with tights and some old-fashioned, lace-up boots. For a final touch, I did a little bit of tooling on the leather purse:
These coat outfits use a new mesh (included) that has a working fat morph (see the blond girl in the red coat, above). I've set them as Everyday and as Outerwear. No EPs or SPs are required.
dress coat & boots = 3677
A big thanks to Steffano for converting the original coat from TS3 to TS2. Another big thanks goes to Yuxi for the boots.
All hairstyles, glasses, and jewellery are by Maxis (even the straw hat, which was converted by me and can be found here).
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
Size: 3.38 MB · Downloads: 19,961 · 11th Nov 2014
|3.38 MB||19,961||11th Nov 2014|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
I like making pixel clothes!
Clothier of Small Sims
My focus is clothing for children, toddlers, and babies. I do not make clothes for teens, young adults, adults, or elders.
You may make recolours of my meshes, but please do not include the meshes in your uploads; link to my mesh instead. (The exception would be default replacement meshes. You may include the default replacement mesh in that case, but please give credit and a link to my original mesh.)
No paysites, please.
Sorry, but I do not take requests.
If you have any further questions, please PM me.