New Legacy Home - 4 BR, 4.5 BA
Updated: 10th Jan 2020 at 12:01 AM
A few weeks ago I uploaded what I thought would be my final upload for The Sims 3, my Legacy Lane Houses. Today I got a little bored and decided to put one more in the mix. Hopefully this one will be my last! Don't hold me to it, but I think this will be it (for real this time!)!
However, because home this was not originally part of my plan, I couldn't decide WHO I wanted this house to be for. I have each of my other Legacy Homes decorated to a specific sims/families taste, but I didn't put this home together with anyone in mind. Therefore I decided to leave this house as pretty much a blank slate - a "move-in ready" home, if you will! As such, the house has standard, real-world starter qualities (This is deemed "Fixtures only" on MTS), such as a furnished kitchen, finished bathrooms, and landscaped yard but the living spaces (including bedrooms) are completely empty save for wall and floor coverings. I used to upload a "move-in ready" version of some of my houses along side their fully finished counterparts, but haven't done so for quite a while. This is the first time I am uploading strictly "move-in ready" though!
This home is clearly inspired by my many attempts to make a perfect 4354 Wisteria Lane. The floor plan is very similar to how I created that home in The Sims 4 in February 2019. The interior furnishings are different though, as are the exterior coverings and placement of windows. Also, this home was built on a different sized lot. That means three/six of my legacy homes are inspired by Wisteria Lane - what can I say, I just really like using them as inspiration!
Anyway, as the title suggests, I intend for this to be a legacy home for some of my sims in the future, and I hope you find this home large enough for your own legacy families, too! I hope you enjoy this large Dutch Colonial home! Supernatural is used for the exterior windows, doors, and fencing. Interior is BASE GAME ONLY!
Four Bathrooms (three en-suite)
Two Living Areas
Multiple Small Decks
Large, Semi-Landscaped Yard
Additionally, the room to the left of the kitchen is intended to be some sort of laundry room. I have Ambitions installed, but decided that I wanted this house to only require one expansion pack, so I left the washer/dryer out. There is more than enough room to custom-place your own, however.
Lot Size: 40x30
Lot Price (furnished): 123660
Lot Price (unfurnished): 116253
Number of bedrooms:
Custom Content Included:
Build content only: only Walls, floors, terrain paint, fences, stairs, windows, doors, etc.
Fixtures Only: Lot is furnished how one would expect a real life unfurnished house or apartment to be
New Legacy Home.rar
Size: 2.81 MB · Downloads: 2,126 · 29th Dec 2019
|2.81 MB||2,126||29th Dec 2019|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
2. Select the .sims3pack file you got from extracting.
3. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
5. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Select the house icon, find the lot in the list, and tick the box next to it. Then press the Install button below the list.
6. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the lot to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
7. Run the game, and find your lot in Edit Town, in the premade lots bin.
Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.
Need more help?
If you need more info, see Game Help:Installing TS3 Packswiki for a full, detailed step-by-step guide!
The creator also recommends the following uploads: