Robots are Science/Toys are Tinkering/Flowers are Nature (Updated 5/20/12)
Uploaded 15th May 2012 at 3:37 AM · Updated 21st May 2012 at 2:58 AM by Neder
I know that there are a few other things for Sim Science geeks to do- but nothing cool. Seriously, I'm supposed to watch my Sims watch ants?
Clearly, hobby-based gameplay is biased towards art and music.
With this little tweak, Sims using the robot crafting station will gain enthusiasm in SCIENCE, not tinkering (I mean tinkerers get to build a freaking musclecar!) and all will be right with the world.
As a concession, I also modified the toy crafting bench to throw the tinkerers a bone.
(Now art enthusiasts will have to be satisfied with "just" painting, pottery, sewing and flower arranging.)
At the suggestion of Sophie-David and DutchxFan, I went ahead and created the files necessary to mod Flower Arranging to Nature enthusiasm.
Due to an oversight, all files that affected the flower arranging station also affected the sewing machine (and I would assume the pottery bench as well).
This has been corrected, so please redownload those files if you had previously.
Thanks to Rinalin for catching the error.
The robot and tinkering only files do not need to be redownloaded.
All three crafting benches use the same BHAV for enthusiasm, so these values can't be adjusted in a modular fashion. I realized that some folks may want to affect robots and not tinkering or vice-versa, so there are 7 files (relatively clearly labelled) in the download.
INSTALL ONLY ONE.
Otherwise only the last to load alphabetically will apply.
Thanks to the creators and supporters of as well as the Sims2 community who continues to play and create.
Type: Global Mods
|Open for Business|
Size: 768 Bytes · Downloads: 5,037 · 18th May 2012
|768 Bytes||5,037||18th May 2012|
Size: 743 Bytes · Downloads: 491 · 18th May 2012
|743 Bytes||491||18th May 2012|
Size: 737 Bytes · Downloads: 500 · 18th May 2012
|737 Bytes||500||18th May 2012|
Size: 728 Bytes · Downloads: 574 · 18th May 2012
|728 Bytes||574||18th May 2012|
Size: 730 Bytes · Downloads: 529 · 15th May 2012
|730 Bytes||529||15th May 2012|
Size: 718 Bytes · Downloads: 648 · 15th May 2012
|718 Bytes||648||15th May 2012|
Size: 738 Bytes · Downloads: 1,251 · 15th May 2012
|738 Bytes||1,251||15th May 2012|
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.