Gigi Photo Booth: A TS3 Conversion
Updated: 8th Nov 2012 at 9:24 PM
Gigi Photo Booth:
A new, more modern photo booth from the Sims 3 Showtime expansion pack. It also comes with updated picture frames that weren't converted from Sims 3. I included a picture of the Sims 2 photo booth and frames for those of you like me who forget about the photo booth and never use it -- I really like how different these are from each other.
Gigi was an early actress so well-liked by cameras and photographers that her name became virtually synonymous with pictures. Now there is a photo booth honoring her memory. Can it help make your Sim famous as well? It couldn't hurt!
The photo booth is available on residential lots too if you just want to buy a booth to snap a few family pictures to decorate with.
There's two designable/recolorable subsets: the curtain and the outside panels. The interior and the signs can't be recolored, sorry! But if you do want to recolor what you can here's the PSD template I made.
The photo booth clips through the ceiling during the woohoo animation. It also looks black in the video, especially on the smallest setting you see here, but since it took over an hour to upload a 30 second clip I'm not going to bother to re-do it with better lighting -- it does not look dark like that in game -- honest.
The half naked sim in the clip (freaking out over the noisy piano that no one is playing) is wearing fanseelamb's tracksuit.
The picture frames I used here are available at Leefish.nl as a default replacement for the Maxis photo booth too if anyone is interested. They'll work on your existing photos, you just need to use the hand tool to pick them up and place them again in order for the mesh to update.
You're welcome to use this however you'd like. This is also one of those objects that could have been re-created in a variety of ways so if anyone wants to re-do this mesh in a different way feel free. Let me know and I'll even send you the original files if you want them.
SimPE, Gimp 2.8, Milkshape, Wings 3D, s3pe, s3oc, The Sims 3 Catalogue, EA for the mesh and textures and as always to MTS for hosting.
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
| Photo booth & frames.
Size: 1.88 MB · Downloads: 10,915 · 8th Nov 2012
|1.88 MB||10,915||8th Nov 2012|
|For a detailed look at individual files, see the Information tab.|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
For a full list of packs with names, see the Packs Needed popup.