Sims 3 Crash Log Analyzer - Version 1.69 Compatible - Updated
Updated: 18th Jan 2017 at 11:02 PM - Bug Fixes
Not my original work, just simply bug fixes and updates to make this indispensable utility compatible with game version 1.69
The original work by FordGT90Concept may be found here
Microsoft .Net Framework Version 4.5
Other requirements from the original remain unchanged
- Source code for the original project was not available, so changes were made to a decompiled instance of the original .exe
- To make the utility compatible with version 1.69, changes were made both to TS3CLA.exe and TS3Lib.dll
- I recommend extracting both files to an isolated directory to avoid conflicts with any other programs that may use TS3Lib.dll
- Bug fixes and compatibility updates are offered "as-is". No testing beyond "it works on my box" has been done
Updated January 18, 2017
Fixed some lingering issues with the analyzer code
- Download the new file TS3CLA-fixed_20170118.zip
- Replace both TS3CLA.exe and TS3Lib.dll inside the directory where the Crash Analyzer is installed
- Added "ts3.exe" to validation check for valid executable names
- Removed game version checks. EA is no longer updating xml files used in this validation, causing false positives.
- Removed graphics card compatibility checks as newer graphics cards will cause false positives.
Thanks to FordGT90Concept for creating this utility. I cannot count the number of times it has saved my bacon - not to mention my sims.
| The Sims 3 Crash Log Analyzer (compatible with 1.69) - Bug Fixes
Size: 99.1 KB · Downloads: 6,030 · 18th Jan 2017
|99.1 KB||6,030||18th Jan 2017|
| The Sims 3 Crash Log Analyzer (compatible with 1.69) - Archived
Size: 99.2 KB · Downloads: 3,825 · 20th Jul 2016
|99.2 KB||3,825||20th Jul 2016|
|For a detailed look at individual files, see the Information tab.|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file. Now you will have either a .package or a .sims3pack file.
For Package files:
1. Cut and paste the file into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages folder. If you do not already have this folder, you should read the full guide to Package files first: Sims 3:Installing Package Fileswiki, so you can make sure your game is fully patched and you have the correct Resource.cfg file.
2. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
For Sims3Pack files:
1. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
2. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Find the item in the list and tick the box beside it. Then press the Install button below the list.
3. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the content to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
4. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.
Need more help?
If you need more info, see:
None, this is Sims 3 base game compatible!
Windows: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, etc
Miscellaneous: Tools which do not fit into the above categories.
Not Applicable: Standalone tools