Medieval Galleon shell for houseboats
Updated: 13th Jun 2021 at 7:48 AM - Title
this is my first upload so be kind!
playing and making mostly medieval worlds on CAW I couldn't find an alternative to the ea houseboat options so I made one!
this is basically a shell which fits round the narrow curved hull houseboat and gives the impression of a medieval galleon, it is a remodel of the ea pirate ship diner mesh from barnacle bay which I have added details too and re-meshed to remove the diner door and add a bottom to the ship. (don't want it sinking do we!)
you can build a single floor house inside the boat with the base of the second floor being the deck of the galleon. For convenience I have included a houseboat lot with a basic structure completed which can be placed at any port, no other cc is included. if you build your own make walls that fit the edges of the houseboat and when you place the pieces they will line up from the front. (moveobjects cheat is required)
when the galleon is placed at any port the jetty that connects the houseboat to the port lot will clip into the stern of the ship, your sims can navigate through this without a problem however you will need to create a more realistic pier if it bothers you, otherwise its fine just extend the jetty!.
the Bow and stern can be found in the DECOR, SCULPTURES categories for 1000 simoleons and the mast for 500. These are NON CASTABLE pieces. so the colour option you see is the one you get, there wasn't a way round for me to do a re-colourable version of this mesh at this time.
I have done a brief play test of this and corrected any errors I came across however if anybody comes across any let me know and I will try to correct.
http://store.thesims3.com/barnacleB...ategoryId=20268 EA for the amazing diner ship mesh and textures from the original on barnacle bay which you can find on the sims 3 store
https://forums.nexusmods.com/index....used-in-skyrim/ This link is for the hull texture
https://ftourini-stock.deviantart.c...exture-90119307 This link is for the deck texture
patch 1.67 or above required
Bow - 9151 Mast - 3757 Stern - 8356
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
| The Sea Cucumber (Houseboat Galleon)
Size: 7.86 MB · Downloads: 4,839 · 1st Oct 2017
|7.86 MB||4,839||1st Oct 2017|
|For a detailed look at individual files, see the Information tab.|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file. Now you will have either a .package or a .sims3pack file.
For Package files:
1. Cut and paste the file into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages folder. If you do not already have this folder, you should read the full guide to Package files first: Sims 3:Installing Package Fileswiki, so you can make sure your game is fully patched and you have the correct Resource.cfg file.
2. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
For Sims3Pack files:
1. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
2. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Find the item in the list and tick the box beside it. Then press the Install button below the list.
3. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the content to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
4. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.
Need more help?
If you need more info, see:
For a full list of packs with names, see the Packs Needed popup.