Werewolves Ripped Leggings Recategorizer (Override + Standalone)
Uploaded 4th Aug 2022 at 5:04 PM · Updated 4th Sep 2022 at 10:31 AM by bessy
Removed FashionRarity tags from the female standalone and both male versions (female override didn't have them).
Male versions added, override and strandalone as well
I loved these ripped leggings from the first sight! But I wanted my sim to wear them with some fishnet tights (I've recently discovered a true love for ripped bottom pieces and found out that the game lacks heavily ripped ones). So I've made a tiny edit for the initial item to be leggings as bottom clothing and not as tights. All the swatches are exact as EA item and you can choose whether you want to replace the initial tights completely with override or have these available both as tights and bottom with standalone version.
I've made two versions - an override and a standalone one for both male and female frames.
The override moves the initial cloth from tights to bottom part leggings CAS category (adding a mesh of cource) and you won't be able to wear these with shorts, skirts and any other bottom clothing.
Standalone one does not modify the original tights, it creates a clone of them in bottom part leggins CAS category, so both options will be available.
You don't need both versions at the same time as you'll get two identical bottom parts in leggings CAS category with no purpose.
What you need to know:
- both versions are disabled for random to prevent CAS bugs and double-wearing the same item as leggings and tights;
- the SortLayer of both versions is different from the regular skinny bottoms - it's 10600 (pls see an explanation below);
- all the textures are linked to the originals from EA, so you do need Werewolves Pack for this to work properly.
The SortLayer explanation
Every CAS part type has a different SortLayer number, it indicates the item types to be shown under or above of other ones. For example, skins and skin details have nearly lowest SortLayer, while clothes have the highest ones.
Tights have SortLayer 10500, bottom clothing has SortLayer 14000 and shoes have 10700, clothing tops have 13000 for those tucked in and 16000 for the untucked (there is another param for the pants to tuck into the boots or not, but it isn't needed here and I don't wont to complicate this text too much).
These leggings are a bit longer than regular skinny bottoms, so if having a regular SortLayer 14000 their texture overlaps some higher shoes as shown on the third screenshot, but the tops do tuck into them in the waist region. I wanted to make these compatible with more shoes, especially with Werewolves hightops, and at the same time to layer fishnet tights under (also I don't think much people tuck their tops into skinny leggings IRL). That's why I've set up SortLayer 10600 (higher than tights but lower than shoes) and the screenshots prove this working perfectly for my purpose.
If you want more info
The Sims 4 Studio website has tons of tutorials and let's say guide articles, where a person can find info regarding Sims 4 custom content creation. Here is the article about SortLayers that helped me so much.
Sims4Studio and EA.
Too much information to load! Please check each package file individually inside the Downloads tab!
This mod has specific instructions!Use override or standalone, you don't need both at the same time!
| Male Override Version, 09/04 file updated
Size: 60.2 KB · Downloads: 164 · 4th Sep 2022
|60.2 KB||164||4th Sep 2022|
| Male Standalone Version, 09/04 file updated
Size: 60.4 KB · Downloads: 254 · 4th Sep 2022
|60.4 KB||254||4th Sep 2022|
| Female Standalone version, 09/04 file updated
Size: 67.1 KB · Downloads: 364 · 4th Sep 2022
|67.1 KB||364||4th Sep 2022|
| Female Override version
Size: 66.8 KB · Downloads: 205 · 4th Aug 2022
|66.8 KB||205||4th Aug 2022|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the File tab to see the download link. Click the link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
Read the upload description for installation instructions. If nothing else is specified, do the following:
2. Extract: Use(Windows) to extract the .package file(s) (if included, ts4script as well) from the .rar or .zip file(s).
3. Cut and paste the .package file(s) (if included, ts4script as well) into your Mods folder
- Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\
- Windows Vista/7/8/8.1: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\
Need more information?
- Anyone can use both .rar and .zip files easily! On Windows, use WinRAR.
- If you don't have a Mods folder, just make one.
- Mod still not working? Make sure you have script mods enabled