Critical Fix: Portal Deletion Fix (Now Includes NIGHTLIFE fix)
Uploaded 14th Aug 2005 at 2:28 AM · Updated 11th Nov 2008 at 6:56 AM by Christy1077
This is a critical fix that will stop at least one code error which would result in the disappearance of portals/mailbox.
Symptoms: maid/repairman/gardener/nanny/delivery man/pizza/Chinese food do not appear and game slows to a crawl or mailbox disappears.
The file contains 2 packages. One fixes a maxian error resulting in the deletion of something random. (normally a portal), the other is an early warning system that looks for deleted portals.
Download only ONE file. the CBOY_Portal_fix is for UNIVERSITY and the CBOY_Portal_fix_nightlife is for NIGHTLIFE ONLY. Use the correct one
This is a preventative measure. If you already have the problem you should install this and proceed with This Thread
Made with QA version 47b and P.L.Jones BHAV editor (Thanks for getting them out so quickly for nightlife)
Type: Global Mods
Size: 2.2 KB · Downloads: 1,920 · 17th Sep 2005
|2.2 KB||1,920||17th Sep 2005|
Size: 2.0 KB · Downloads: 3,667 · 14th Aug 2005
|2.0 KB||3,667||14th Aug 2005|
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.