Basegame Female Hairs for All Ages, add-on packages, meshes by melodie9
Uploaded 18th Mar 2008 at 6:05 PM · Updated 19th Mar 2008 at 9:42 AM by gwillewyn
This is one in a series of add-on packages where Maxis were too lazy to do the hair for all ages. Melodie9 converted the meshes, I tinkered, fiddled and screwed around, linking the hairs to the existing ages.
If you are using default replacement textures (such as the natural redhead project) these add-ons will adopt those textures.
I've used the blond hair in my screenshots only because it shows up better in pictures: the black, brown and red hairs are included in the same package, no worries.
Silly EAxis names:
Meshes included with permission.
I know I haven't done up very many female hair meshes, mostly that's because the male situation was more desperate; there's a lot of female CC around. If I get around to doing any more, I'll upload to this thread.
Important: Do not delete the files from inside the game (CAS/Bodyshop), it might corrupt your game files. If you want to remove the files from your game, delete the packages manually from your downloads folder.
Same as Maxis.
melodie9 who does the job EA was too lazy to do.
jfade, who doesn't get half the recognition he deserves for his programs, and his Wardrobe Wrangler, which saves me a lot of time and tedious copy and paste work.
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Expansion pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.No metadata is extracted from the uploaded files.
Size: 93.7 KB · Downloads: 1,894 · 18th Mar 2008
|93.7 KB||1,894||18th Mar 2008|
Size: 141.6 KB · Downloads: 1,833 · 18th Mar 2008
|141.6 KB||1,833||18th Mar 2008|
Size: 125.1 KB · Downloads: 2,603 · 18th Mar 2008
|125.1 KB||2,603||18th Mar 2008|
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.