Retaining Walls (Ground Slope Hider) **2/16/09 Collection File Added**
Updated: 11th Oct 2011 at 2:32 AM
If you like my creation or effort, please hit the THANKS button. It only takes a few seconds
You can find them in DECO/MISC
The Walls require Nightlife or Higher as I used a carpet as the base mesh. Sorry, but the in game thumbnails are as good as I could get them (if you know of a way to improve them please PM me).
Placement, of all objects, will be on the flat spot at the top of the slope - not directly on the slope
1) Turn off the Moveobjects cheat (VERY IMPORTANT) - You can turn it back on after the walls and ground pieces have been placed.
2) Place Retaining Walls First
3) Place Ground Pieces
4) OUTSIDE CORNER'S You may have to play around with the placement order of the ground pieces and plants BUT IT DOES WORK.
I have used them ingame for several weeks and had no problems.
The fence recolor's match my Wrought Iron, Euro/Classical Ascension, and Chic Porch Sets Set
Most Decorative objects and plants can be placed without using the "moveobject on" cheat.
Flowers, that need watering shouldn't be used, as they will die pretty quickly.
Bushes and trees seem to do fine.
2/16/09 Collection File Added. Place the "tb-Retaining Walls.package" file in the Collections Folder and the "tb-RetainingWallSet.jpg" file in the Collections/Icons Folder.
New low-poly version HERE
Retaining Wall Stratight-3598/faces 5531/vertices
Retaining Wall Corner-7124/faces 7821/vertices
Ground Piece Straight-762/faces 1064/vertices
Ground Piece Corner-12/faces 24/vertices.
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
Size: 4.6 KB · Downloads: 6,610 · 16th Feb 2009
|4.6 KB||6,610||16th Feb 2009|
| Retaining Wall Set
Size: 1.29 MB · Downloads: 11,188 · 10th Jan 2009
|1.29 MB||11,188||10th Jan 2009|
|For a detailed look at individual files, see the Information tab.|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
For a full list of packs with names, see the Packs Needed popup.