Vintage Barbie Collection: Silken Flame
Uploaded 12th Feb 2010 at 9:41 PM · Updated 12th Feb 2010 at 9:10 PM by nichellerj
First up, and a bit appropriate for Valentine's Day, is Silken Flame, a red and white strapless dress with a gold belt and red shoes. (pumps in this case, as the open shoes wouldn't look right on this mesh)
This dress is often paired with another set, called Red Flare, which included a red pillbox hat, a big red coat, white gloves, and a gold clutch.
I have no intention on creating that particular set as I doubt I would be able to find a mesh for it, but I went ahead and made the red hat to go along with the dress. (to kind of... finish it, I suppose)
The nails are also painted red. Textures used are my own and Maxis'.
This dress shows up in FORMAL only!
I used a mesh from All About Style for the dress. It is INCLUDED in the file!
The red hat is a recolor of a mesh that can be found HERE as part of the "Retroville" set. You will need to grab the mesh for the hat to show up in your game! If you'd rather not have it, just toss the file.
The hat DOES have a weird "star" thing on the back of it. I tried removing it but had no luck. I'm supposing it's a mesh issue instead of an alpha issue, and there's currently nothing I can do about it, sorry.
Anyway, enjoy! Some other favorite fashions of mine will be coming soon, when I find the best meshes and the time to paint them!
|Filename||nichellerj_SilkenFlameAFdress.package (inside nichellerj_BarbieSilkenFlame.zip)|
Size: 281.6 KB · Downloads: 11,230 · 12th Feb 2010
|281.6 KB||11,230||12th Feb 2010|
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
Meshes neededThis download requires one or more meshes to work properly. Please check the Description tab for information about the meshes needed, then download them below:
|MTS cannot guarantee any off-site links will be available|
|Welcome To Retroville! A FULL Neighborhood Themed Set*Now with B&W cars!* by The Mod Squad|
You can do what you want with my stuff. Use it in movies, stories, pictures, whatever. Feel free to upload it with sims as well. You don't HAVE to give credit, but it is appreciated!
My textures are usually modified Maxis textures so do with them as you wish!
My teen clothing is NOT going to be converted for Adults unless I randomly decide to do so. Adults have so much stuff as it is!
The models I use are randomly created in CAS, and are often deleted later on. They're not avaliable for download, sorry.
I usually don't take requests. My life is pretty busy ATM.
That aside, have fun, and ENJOY the game.