Medieval Kids Furniture Part 2 - Ye Olde Kingdom of Pudding
Updated: 4th Oct 2012 at 12:34 AM
Three Infant and Toddler Cribs
Greetings, good gentles/ladies. We are The Merrye Makers - a group of eleven creators spanning all disciplines (clothing, lots, objects, etc.) offering for thy downloading pleasure a collection of medieval things most beauteous from Ye Olde Kingdom of Pudding -- otherwise known as "Simdom Pudding".
Simdom Pudding mothers--be they peasants, town-dwellers, or noblewomen--were attended by midwives in the medical career. In addition, female relatives and friends of the mother would frequently be present in the birthing room, offering support and good will, while the father was left outside with little more to do but pray for a safe delivery. If all went well, the midwife would tie off and cut the umbilical cord and help the baby take its first breath. She would then bathe the child in warm water or, in more affluent homes in the realm, in milk or nectar. The infant would then be swaddled snugly in linen strips so that his limbs might grow straight and strong, and laid in a cradle in a dark corner, where his eyes would be protected from bright light.
In the homes of Ye Olde Kingdom of Pudding nobility, gentry, and wealthy townspeople, the birthing room would usually be freshly-swept and provided with clean rushes; the best coverlets were put on the bed and the place was turned out for display. Feudal barons had ornately carved kids furniture with pointed arches, columns, elaborate tracery, linen fold, simple flower shaped cut outs, and bold turnings in their castles in order to enjoy the same extravagance as the architecture found in Simdom Pudding churches.
A medieval noble's crib and two medieval cribs (one large, one small) made by Hekate999 for The Merrye Makers. For those who like a plainer large medieval crib, please note that Leesester added a default Medieval Crib (Large) with plain sides (no carving/trim). See screenshots below. Grammercy, mi'lady Leesester!
|Medieval Noble Crib (Fancy)||350||4||1026||Buy Mode > By Function > Kids > Furniture||Hekate999|
|Medieval Crib (Large)||225||4||514||Buy Mode > By Function > Kids > Furniture||Hekate999|
|Medieval Baby Crib (Small)||1||4||679||Buy Mode > By Function > Kids > Furniture||Hekate999|
Credits: Medieval wall lantern from the Ye Olde Kingdom of Pudding - Lighting upload http://www.modthesims.info/d/463025. Download the medieval high chair and potty chair from The Merrye Makers' Medieval Kids Furniture Part 1 upload: http://www.modthesims.info/d/466403. The medieval infant blanket default replacements are here: http://www.modthesims.info/d/466794.
Many thanks, good Hekate999, for creating so many glorious medieval objects!
The Merrye Makers are extremely grateful to MTS staff - especially Leesester - for their support and assistance with upload preparation.
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
|Filename||D&M_Medieval_Noble_Crib.package (inside D&M_Medieval_Noble_Crib.rar)|
|Filename||D&M_Medieval_Crib.package (inside D&M_Medieval_Crib.rar)|
|Filename||D&M_Medieval_Baby_Crib.package (inside D&M_Medieval_Baby_Crib.rar)|
Size: 796.1 KB · Downloads: 26,428 · 16th Jan 2012
|796.1 KB||26,428||16th Jan 2012|
Size: 858.1 KB · Downloads: 24,652 · 16th Jan 2012
|858.1 KB||24,652||16th Jan 2012|
Size: 1.11 MB · Downloads: 22,366 · 16th Jan 2012
|1.11 MB||22,366||16th Jan 2012|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file. Now you will have either a .package or a .sims3pack file.
For Package files:
1. Cut and paste the file into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages folder. If you do not already have this folder, you should read the full guide to Package files first: Sims 3:Installing Package Fileswiki, so you can make sure your game is fully patched and you have the correct Resource.cfg file.
2. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
For Sims3Pack files:
1. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
2. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Find the item in the list and tick the box beside it. Then press the Install button below the list.
3. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the content to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
4. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.
Need more help?
If you need more info, see:
The Merrye Makers
This has been a big undertaking for everyone involved, our skills range from featured creators to never having uploaded anything before. Everyone has enjoyed watching the project grow, meeting new people and learning new skills.
The Merrye Makers would like to thank a number of people for getting us here. First off is the staff of MTS. The staff were so supportive of us and it's definitely no easy matter to get 100+ things approved! There are also numerous other people who were going to participate but, for various reasons, were not able to upload with us. We would like to thank Rylandholmes, Whiterider, dramamine213, hudy777DeSign, Freshprince and Kitty Paine for their feedback and support. Thank you to SimmyRN for providing the narratives found in italitics throughout the posts. Thank you to jje1000 for the medieval world in the pictures, Praaven. Find out more about Praaven here: http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...ghlight=praaven.