Testers Wanted:*UPDATED* New Mesh - Gothgurl
Uploaded 28th Feb 2005 at 8:30 PM · Updated 6th Mar 2005 at 6:52 PM by aardvarkams : Update
Please test out this new mesh - i've tried to do the 'Gothgurl' look, with chunky boots and a layered 'mesh' skirt ... but as I'm so bad at skinning, it hasn't quite come out the way I wanted!
I wanted a lacey effect for the under-skirt, but I think it has something to do with the 'material properties'(?) Anyway, see if there are any major problems - again it's 'fat-resistant' - hope the skirt behaves ok during play, it took ages to assign the new verts to the different bones!
Thanks to everyone - MTS2, et al.
Please re-skin and post your creations so I can use it in my game!
Any suggestions on alterations please let me know - and for God's sake someone please skin me a set of Goth Boots!
Hi, sorry everyone - thank you all for your fantastic skins, they're so sexy! I've re-mapped the textures on the Boots, (and tidied up the legs so the stripes are better); but in doing so your skins that you've all lovingly made need some slight alteration - just a bit on the alpha at the toes, it probably won't take long to re-do the project if you 'cut-n-paste' off mine(?) If you prefer the old one then don't install the new one, it'll over-write it! (Sorry!)
Thank you all so very much - hopefully more coming soon ...!
ps. I've also enclosed an updated texture map to help with the re-skinning, sorry! xxx
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Expansion pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
|Filename||7fd85060_amsafgothgurl.package (inside gothgurl.zip)|
|Filename||7f94e8ce_gothbootretex.package (inside UpdatedGothGurl_NewMesh.zip)|
Size: 961.2 KB · Downloads: 38,353 · 6th Mar 2005
|961.2 KB||38,353||6th Mar 2005|
Size: 254.2 KB · Downloads: 20,346 · 28th Feb 2005
|254.2 KB||20,346||28th Feb 2005|
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.