Uploaded 21st Oct 2013 at 9:47 AM · Updated 12th Nov 2013 at 10:01 PM by Klaartje68 : Added info about translations
I have created two different versions: an adult career and a teen/elder career. Each version comes with chance cards for each level. The skills required for the adult career are: creativity, charisma and logic. The skills required for the teen/elder career are: charisma and logic. The career reward is the golf course from the business career.
1. Letter Sweeper - M,T,W,Th,F - 09:00-15:00 - §158
Before your boss trusts you with anything else, you need to prove to him that you are good with words. No chance for that when you are a Letter Sweeper! Get out your broom and if you read and write enough in your spare time you might scrape through.
2. Glue Mixer - M,T,W,Th,F - 09:00-16:00 - §261
Everyone in the office has been impressed by your special sweeping technique and they all use it at home. You are now responsible for mixing the glue that holds everything together, literally! Put on those goggles, weigh all the ingredients precisely and make sure nothing explodes! Be warned, your fingers might be sticking together permanently.
3. Pencil Sharpener - M,T,W,Th,F - 09:00-16:00 - §348
If you thought you would be handling manuscripts by now, think again. As the assistant to the cover artist you need to prove to your bosses that you are in fact the sharpest pencil in the box. Your eyes are tired from searching through piles of stock images and you cannot get the paint out of your clothes but at least you can get those creative juices flowing.
4. Publishing Administrator - T,W,T,F,Sa - 09:00-16:00 - §440
Congratulations, you are now the proud owner of your own desk! Going from images to digits might seem a small step, but it feels like a giant leap to you. Before you get involved with the writing of the books, your boss wants you to learn how to sell them. Make sure the numbers add up, or else your local bookshop might be running out of stock, leaving you running from your boss.
5. Slush Pile Executive - W,T,F,Sa,Su - 08:00-15:00 - §565
Who knew that such a fancy title would be such a burden? Every day hundreds of aspiring authors send their manuscripts to publishers. It is your job to sift through them, find the jewels and pass them to the senior editors so they can make the final decision. After all, you taste buds still need some development. Make sure you work enough overtime and take those manuscripts home during the weekend, else the slush pile will soon take over your desk.
6. Sales Representative - M,T,W,T,F - 08:00-15:00 - §719
Now that you have learned to distinguish the Jane Austen's from the Maeve Binchy's it is time to start selling your babies. Just because you have taste does not mean everyone else has. Put on your suit and convince the local bookshop that you have the next bestseller in your hands.
7. Ghost-writer - M,T,Th,F,Sa - 08:00-16:00 - §917
The day you have been waiting for since the start of your career is finally here! As of today you are officially involved in the writing process. Although you find it a little disappointing that your favourite celebs do not write their autobiographies themselves, you do enjoy writing down the goriest details about their lives, pretending to be them!
8. Copy Editor - M,T,W,F,Sa - 08:00-16:00 - §1410
With the experience as a ghost-writer under your belt it is time to start minding about your p's and q's. Get out your red pen and help those aspiring writers dot their i's and cross their t's. Be careful though and keep in mind that you are not part of the grammar police. Churning out bestsellers is all this position is about, who cares about spelling anyway?
9. Literary Agent - M,Tu,F,Sa - 09:00-16:00 - §1663
Mimicking other people's voices certainly has taught you how to find your own. The public might not trust your taste quite yet but young writers sure see you as their mentor. A great novel might be considered a good purchase, but finding a great author is a lifetime investment.
10. Publishing Magnate - M,T,Th,F - 10:00-16:00 - §2112
Congratulations, you have finally made it to the top! Who thought you would have your own shelf of editor's picks in most bookshops? Readers take your opinion for truth and whichever manuscript you lay your hands on turns into solid gold.
1. Delivery Girl - M,T,W,Th,F - 15:00-18:00 - §56
The long journey towards the top has officially begun! You have talked your way into a publishing house, which is an achievement in itself. Even though you are in the ideal position to meet everyone at the company (and get their signatures!) make sure that you deliver the packages, lunches and coffees to the right people. You wouldn't want to be to blame when your boss makes a mistake because he has been served decaf rather than his usual cappuccino with extra foam!
2. Archive Assistant - T,W,Th,F,Sa - 15:00-18:00 - §75
Running around like a madwoman seems to have done the trick and you are now in a position where you can safely sit all day long! Law dictates that two copies of every published book need to be stored by the company and you are the lucky one whose job it is to catalogue, categorize and alphabetize them. Bring your own hankies, it might be dusty!
3. Proof-reader - M,T,Th,F,Su - 15:00-19:00 - §98
Whoever said that being a proof-reader was the best job in the world, clearly hasn't met one before. Your eyes are itching, your fingers have red pen marks all over them and your wrist is sore from quickly flipping through pages. At least you are involved in the publishing process, but reading at such an incredible speed leaves you a little dizzy!
- No expansion packs required. Uniforms, carpool and career reward are all from basegame careers.
- EP compatible.
- Teen/Elder career is linked to Adult career. When teens grow up, they automatically move on to the adult career.
- Literature major is linked to Adult career, which means that sims with a literature degree can start the career at a higher level.
- A degree is not required for this career, so University Life is not required.
- Both careers have their own Guid, they do not overwrite Maxis careers.
- All levels of both careers have their own chance cards.
- Teen/Elder career requires the following skills: charisma and logic.
- Adult career requires the following skills: charisma, creativity and logic.
I have received a few PMs asking about translations. If you want to translate it for your own private use, that is of course absolutely fine. However, please do not share your translations anywhere. If you are willing to provide me with a translation, that's great! Please leave a comment and I'll send you all the information.
I have tested the career and checked all texts for spelling errors and everything should be fine. However, I'm only human so please inform me if you find any mistakes or problems.
Without the following people, this career would have taken at least another year to finish. Thanks to: karen lorraine for providing me with info on real life publishing houses, Leefish for always being right about everything and Echo for answering my questions in the create forum.
Also, thanks to the writers of the different tutorials here at MTS and the creators of and Bidou's career editor.
|Filename||CareerPublishingAdult_byKlaartje.package (inside CareerPublishingAdult_byKlaartje.zip)|
|Filename||CareerPublishingTeenElder_byKlaartje.package (inside CareerPublishingTeenElder_byKlaartje.zip)|
Size: 13.2 KB · Downloads: 7,403 · 21st Oct 2013
|13.2 KB||7,403||21st Oct 2013|
Size: 14.3 KB · Downloads: 10,975 · 21st Oct 2013
|14.3 KB||10,975||21st Oct 2013|
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
You may include my recolors with your uploads to free sites.
Please do not convert any of my stuff.
Please give credit where credit is due.